+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Expired PR card with Australian Passport

dantebt

Oct 7, 2011
Hi everyone,

I first landed in Canada in October 2005 and obtained the Canada PR card in November 2005. Unfortunately I could not get a job and my funds were running out so I left Canada in April 2006. I went back to Australia and started working again. I have Australian passport. My Canada PR card expired in November 2010.

What are my options of going back to Canada as permanent resident since I did not met the residency obligations as per above?

Cheers

dantebt

Oct 7, 2011
Can someone please advise me if I can do this?

Enter Canada with my Aussie passport as visitor then stay for 2 years then renew my Canada PR card.

Has anyone done this before? Please help..

Peterleesg

Nov 24, 2011
dantebt said:
Can someone please advise me if I can do this?

Enter Canada with my Aussie passport as visitor then stay for 2 years then renew my Canada PR card.

Has anyone done this before? Please help..
I am a newbie here, maybe the experts can advise better. There are risks, but..... some option to consider maybe

1) Go to USA, ride a private driven car and enter CANADA with your Aussie passport. Do not bring along your expired PR card. If they ask for your PR card say that you didn't bring the card with you. If they ask for your old landing paper, show them. If they just let you in without asking anything, just go in. If you manage to enter, stay 730 days before renewing PR card.

If you cant enter CANADA by abv method then

2) Try using H&C reason to get TD if you have good H&C reason, if rejected, you can appeal