+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Expired Police Certificate and Medical Exam

2015sponsor

Apr 26, 2016
Hello senior members,

I am sponsoring my wife and the file was submitted last year CIC and it went to New Delhi High Commission, and now the police certificate is expired... I obtained new police certificate...

1. Shall I submit new police certificate ?
2. if yes, where to submit and how to submit it?

Second concern is Medical, applicant upfront medical has also expired...

Should she do the full medical again or wait to see what VO will send...

Thanks

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
2015sponsor said:
Hello senior members,

I am sponsoring my wife and the file was submitted last year CIC and it went to New Delhi High Commission, and now the police certificate is expired... I obtained new police certificate...

Thanks
a police certificate expiring after it was submitted to CIC is not an issue, you don't need to send a new one. Do NOT get a new medical exam until/unless CIC requests one.

Gary_87

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2013
Victoria, BC
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-04-2017
2015sponsor said:
Hello senior members,

Thanks
Once everything is submitted its advised not to submit anything else unless requested, unless it can aid your case. Updated pcc or meds wont unless the vo request them.

charlem

Sep 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
2015sponsor said:
Hello senior members,

Thanks
we are in the same situation both police clearance and medical expired and I was about to get one and do the re-medical again but our lawyer told me to wait for further instruction from CIC.

Gary_87

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2013
Victoria, BC
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-04-2017
charlem said:
we are in the same situation both police clearance and medical expired and I was about to get one and do the re-medical again but our lawyer told me to wait for further instruction from CIC.
Yeah you inly need to get them when and if cic request them. They will normally request a medical redo if they didnt extend it but normally not police certs.

JJ628

Jun 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 17th, 2016
Doc's Request.
July 13th, 2016
AOR Received.
Mar 17th, 2016
File Transfer...
SA: Mar-22-2016 / AOR2: Apr-05-2016
Med's Request
Aug - 22 - 2016
Passport Req..
Aug - 22 - 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Sept - 21 -2017
I'm actually going through this too, I took my medical exams on March 7, 2015 and we were able to finally apply on February 17, 2016. I was still wondering if I should take them again because they already expired, lots of people on different forums have encouraged me to get them redone, but my husband has asked me to wait until they request them. I guess I should just wait like he says!

Mrschino

Feb 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2015
Doc's Request.
13-01-2016
AOR Received.
None...
File Transfer...
24-05-2015
Med's Request
17-02-2016
Med's Done....
19-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-03-16
LANDED..........
16-04-16
JJ628 said:
I'm actually going through this too, I took my medical exams on March 7, 2015 and we were able to finally apply on February 17, 2016. I was still wondering if I should take them again because they already expired, lots of people on different forums have encouraged me to get them redone, but my husband has asked me to wait until they request them. I guess I should just wait like he says!
Yes, they send a special paper for a remedical, so I would wait. Especially with processing now, if for some reason they take the full 17 months and the medical expired again that would have been a huge waste for you! My husbands police clearance was expired when we received PPR and he never had to submit an update before landing.

JJ628

Jun 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 17th, 2016
Doc's Request.
July 13th, 2016
AOR Received.
Mar 17th, 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Aug - 22 - 2016
Passport Req..
Aug - 22 - 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Sept - 21 -2017
Mrschino said:
Yes, they send a special paper for a remedical, so I would wait. Especially with processing now, if for some reason they take the full 17 months and the medical expired again that would have been a huge waste for you! My husbands police clearance was expired when we received PPR and he never had to submit an update before landing.
The thing is that mine expired before my husband received AOR1, so that's what kept me doubting to get them redone. I was thinking to submit them to case specific enquiry system due to the fact that out SA talks about medicals exams:
"Requirement for Medical Examination

If your sponsored relative(s) has (have) not already done so, your relative(s) must provide an original Upfront Medical Report form (IMM1017B UPFRONT) signed by a Panel Physician or an E-Medical Up-front Medical Notification information sheet. Your relative(s) must complete the medical examination and, once completed, email the information directly to the visa office noted above using the “case-specific” enquiries form (link above) along with a copy of this letter. If you have not already submitted a medical, your application has been transferred to the visa office noting this deficiency. Your relative must forward the medical information directly to the visa office to allow continued processing of his/her application. Failure to do so will result in delays and possible refusal of your relative's application."

but again, I don't really know if all SA's have the same message to everyone.
Thanks for advice! :D

Mrschino

Feb 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2015
Doc's Request.
13-01-2016
AOR Received.
None...
File Transfer...
24-05-2015
Med's Request
17-02-2016
Med's Done....
19-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-03-16
LANDED..........
16-04-16
JJ628 said:
The thing is that mine expired before my husband received AOR1, so that's what kept me doubting to get them redone. I was thinking to submit them to case specific enquiry system due to the fact that out SA talks about medicals exams:
"Requirement for Medical Examination

If your sponsored relative(s) has (have) not already done so, your relative(s) must provide an original Upfront Medical Report form (IMM1017B UPFRONT) signed by a Panel Physician or an E-Medical Up-front Medical Notification information sheet. Your relative(s) must complete the medical examination and, once completed, email the information directly to the visa office noted above using the “case-specific” enquiries form (link above) along with a copy of this letter. If you have not already submitted a medical, your application has been transferred to the visa office noting this deficiency. Your relative must forward the medical information directly to the visa office to allow continued processing of his/her application. Failure to do so will result in delays and possible refusal of your relative's application."

but again, I don't really know if all SA's have the same message to everyone.
Thanks for advice! :D
You could send an inquiry, the worst that can happen is they not respond!

am12345

Star Member
Nov 22, 2015
To 2015sponsor,

I am applicant from Karachi and application transferred to London visa office. In my case they did request updated police certificate with re-do medical after I had submitted supporting documents requested by VO (photos,emails-phone bills,financial support etc) for relationship approval after almost a year wait. They might not ask updated police certificate in ur case but majority get remedial request after relation approval with assigned code in letter through automated email.

dev_123

Aug 29, 2015
GUJARAT
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-JUNE-2015
AOR Received.
17-JULY-2015
File Transfer...
21-AUG-2015
Med's Request
Waiting like anything for this......
Med's Done....
13-APRIL-2015 (UPFRONT)
Interview........
12/10/2016
Passport Req..
Waiting....
VISA ISSUED...
waiting....
LANDED..........
waiting....
I am facing same problem, I am June-15 applicant and my PCC/PVC and Medical both are expired!!!..

What to do now because there is no update yet!!!???

Thank you for your time.

am12345

Star Member
Nov 22, 2015
To dev_123,

Well there is nothing much we can do before any correspondence one get's from VO but just if u have hired any representative for ur case make sure u r getting informed about any request or updates from ur VO i have read about so many people their case get rejected as they didn't get informed by their lawyer's on time for interviews or any documents requested from VO. Mine was London visa office so my case opened for review almost after 10-11 months wait which is the time limit is for LVO. As I have mentioned before they asked me for relationship supporting documents once they got satisfied within 1/2 month VO asked me for updated PCC and send automated re-medical letter. If it already exceeded the time limit given where ur application is processing then u can send an inquiry email or order notes.

BGC

Jan 26, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
December 11, 2015
IELTS Request
December 22, 2015
Med's Request
June 6, 2016
Med's Done....
June 8, 2016
Passport Req..
July 12, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
July 19, 2016
LANDED..........
July 29, 2016
charlem said:
Same with us. Our medical expired already, and our consultant advised us to wait for instruction form CIC. Praying that all is well. We received RPRF request May 26, 2016. God bless us all!

JJ628

Jun 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 17th, 2016
Doc's Request.
July 13th, 2016
AOR Received.
Mar 17th, 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Aug - 22 - 2016
Passport Req..
Aug - 22 - 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Sept - 21 -2017
BGC said:
Same with us. Our medical expired already, and our consultant advised us to wait for instruction form CIC. Praying that all is well. We received RPRF request May 26, 2016. God bless us all!
Yeah you should wait, I actually went about two weeks ago to try to get them re-done, at the beginning the doctor's secretary asked me if I had the letter that CIC sent asking for them and I told her that I haven't been requested one and explained her my situation, that they had expired on March 7, 2016 and I wanted to send it to them before they asked for them. She understood and booked an appointment. When I got there I brought with me a copy of the SA that was sent to my husband and AOR2 sent to me, when the doctor tried logging in with both file numbers and UCI numbers and it seemed as my file didn't exist, he logged in with my passport number and it showed my expired exams. He told me that he couldn't do my exams because the e-medical system wouldn't let him. :mad: He told me to just wait for the request from CIC and printed out a copy of my expired exams, once he did I noticed that my exams were expired on May 7th, 2016, they pretty much expanded the exams for two more months, I guess to give my application time to arrive to my VO.

Right now I'm just waiting for them to request them so I can get them re-done next time. ::) :-X

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
JJ628 said:
Yeah you should wait, I actually went about two weeks ago to try to get them re-done, at the beginning the doctor's secretary asked me if I had the letter that CIC sent asking for them and I told her that I haven't been requested one and explained her my situation, that they had expired on March 7, 2016 and I wanted to send it to them before they asked for them. She understood and booked an appointment. When I got there I brought with me a copy of the SA that was sent to my husband and AOR2 sent to me, when the doctor tried logging in with both file numbers and UCI numbers and it seemed as my file didn't exist, he logged in with my passport number and it showed my expired exams. He told me that he couldn't do my exams because the e-medical system wouldn't let him. :mad: He told me to just wait for the request from CIC and printed out a copy of my expired exams, once he did I noticed that my exams were expired on May 7th, 2016, they pretty much expanded the exams for two more months, I guess to give my application time to arrive to my VO.

Right now I'm just waiting for them to request them so I can get them re-done next time. ::) :-X
there's a chance the visa office won't request a re-med. if the exam was done within 16 months of the approval, then CIC has the ability to extend the result to help you land. as you learned, it's not a good idea to do anything about your application until it's actually requested from CIC. not everyone who has medicals expire during processing are required to do a re-med.