+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Expired passport

Kwa

Mar 30, 2018
Hi,
I have a question regarding my husbands inland sponsorship application. We applied for inland sponsorship, when his travel document from France was valid with OWP, however we were not able to renew his passport here because of the refugee travel document. He have completed all his document submission, medical & police clearance, cic is now asking us to submit his passport. Though we have informed cic already that we were unable to renew his travel document. I am worried what they might say, since, the email from cic says to submit the valid passport or the reason for not being able to. So, I am planning to send the emails I have received from the French consulate and what they have been telling me. I am very much in distress now. Please advise if anyone has any suggestion.

WeegieInOttawa

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London (UK)
App. Filed.......
24-10-2017
AOR Received.
08-12-2017
File Transfer...
24-01-2018
Med's Request
11-12-2017
Med's Done....
02-01-2018
I believe that he must have a valid passport to be granted PR.

Someone with more knowledge about this can hopefully chime in.

Kwa

Mar 30, 2018
Thank you for your reply. It would be great help if anyone knows about this. I don`t know what to do at this point.

live&love

Apr 25, 2018
I'm a protected person (refugee claim was accepted), but I don't even have my passport yet.

I'm also being sponsored by my wife here in Canada, one month ago, the requested a valid passport, so I contacted them through Webform telling them that I do not have my passport and submitted my Notice of Decision (my immigration status), so two weeks later, I got a call from IRCC telling me that they'll waive the passport requirement cuz I don't even have it.

Hope this helps you :)

Reactions: YousifBreesam