+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

expired passport and open permit...

Blem

Jul 10, 2012
My open work permit will expire next year january 2013, and my passport will also expire at same date. But I am planning to have a vacation in March 2013 for a month in the Philippines. Whats are the steps i should make first ??? If i will renew now my passport and renew my open permit by december 2012, can i still have all my documents before March? how about the Reentry, when will i have to apply for it and what are the requirements. thank you for the help..........

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
First things first :) Renew your passport then renew your open work permit. Passport renewal takes about 4-6 weeks PCG-Vancouver. Then renew your OWP, afyter that the trv.

Blem said:
My open work permit will expire next year january 2013, and my passport will also expire at same date. But I am planning to have a vacation in March 2013 for a month in the Philippines. Whats are the steps i should make first ??? If i will renew now my passport and renew my open permit by december 2012, can i still have all my documents before March? how about the Reentry, when will i have to apply for it and what are the requirements. thank you for the help..........

platters

Jul 11, 2012
Hello,, Good morning everyone,, My passport will be expired on Nov 15 2012 and I already renew it.
My question is how about my open work permit
1. what are the requirements in order for me to renew my OWP?
2. Do I need a contract from my employer in order for me to renew the OWP? what If i have a new employer?
3. Does my new employer needs to apply my LMO?
Thank you so much

Have a good day

gen11

Oct 10, 2011
saan po ba ang address ng vancouver sa pag renew ng philippine passport? what if galing ka sa edmonton ang layo pala walang matuloyan sa vancouver kailangan daw personal appearance

doquer83

Star Member
Apr 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-13-2012
@gen11, dowtown vancouver, visit mu website nila for exact address.you need to schedule an appointment also coz you wont be served if u don't have an appointment. my cousin came to renew her passport last november and she was done with it in less time. she tried to call her airline if she could take an earlier flight but she needs to pay additional bucks so she opted in staying the night.

oblak

Jul 5, 2012
gen11 said:
saan po ba ang address ng vancouver sa pag renew ng philippine passport? what if galing ka sa edmonton ang layo pala walang matuloyan sa vancouver kailangan daw personal appearance
check mo site vancouverpcg.net then punta ka sa outreach program nila para makita mo sched ng pagpunta ng mga taga vancouver for the passport renewal services..I think they're coming in edmonton this sept..

dhebby

Oct 11, 2012
hi guys. i need advice..

im a landed immigrant here in vancouver last sept 19,2012 and still waiting for my permanent card. my problem is, my passport will expire on june 2013 and im planning to go back to the philippines this coming december and that,they have this 6month policy prioir to expiration.also,i saw that it will take 6- 8 weeks for me to get my new passport. can i ask the consulate to rush it? or can i just have my passport renewal in the philippines?

all replies will be most appreciated. Thank you.

jomarcabiles

Star Member
Dec 7, 2008
edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/2013
Doc's Request.
01/2014
AOR Received.
05/2013
Med's Request
01/2014
Med's Done....
02/2014
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
12/01/2014
LANDED..........
12/16/2014 cic edmonton
if you cant make on time till dec you can also go to dfa manila and ask for an extension of your passport until 2 years. i think you have to pay 200 pesos for the extension which is still cheaper than renewing your passport for 5 years in the philippines and then if you want you can just renew your passport once you come back here in canada..good luck...

ewee

Star Member
Sep 28, 2012
Edmonton, AB
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gen11 said:
hi gen11! nkpgrenew k nb ng passport?

dhebby

Oct 11, 2012
@jomarcabiles:

so what your trying to say is that i still have to renew it here in vancouver? can't i just renew it in the philippines?

hope to hear from you soon...