+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Expired LMO

M

Melan

Hello there again, Could someone give his comments regarding expired LMO.
What is the best way to do if your LMO is expired already? Is it possible to ask another LMO from the employer or could they extend the expiry date?
I appreciate all your coments.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Melan said:
What is the best way to do if your LMO is expired already? Is it possible to ask another LMO from the employer or could they extend the expiry date?
Need a new LMO.

PMM

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Melan said:
If you failed to submit a work permit application on or before the expiry of the LMO, your employer has to file for a new LMO.

The LMO expiry date is the date by which a foreign worker must have applied for a work permit. If a worker has not applied by that date, the LMO is no longer valid and the employer must apply for a new LMO, if he/she still wishes to hire a foreign worker.

azid

Apr 18, 2010
zo in my caze, my LMO will expire on May 5, 2010, as long as i schedule a pick up before thiz date, my aplication for Work permit still valid? TIA!

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
azid said:
zo in my caze, my LMO will expire on May 5, 2010, as long as i schedule a pick up before thiz date, my aplication for Work permit still valid? TIA!
Send your application and make sure the package reach CIC on or before may5.

azid

Apr 18, 2010
thnx a lot guyz,,,jz browzing alone thiz forum anzwered almozt all my queztion! now i dont need agency or immigration lawyer to help me applying for work permit.

arvic81

Mar 22, 2010
what if you submitted all the requirements of work visa application before the the due date of your LMO and still you are on the process of CIC and then your LMO has expired already does it mean you have no chance to enter canada anymore? what will happen then?

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
arvic81 said:
what if you submitted all the requirements of work visa application before the the due date of your LMO and still you are on the process of CIC and then your LMO has expired already does it mean you have no chance to enter canada anymore? what will happen then?
Answered your query on another thread. Wait out the application, mate. You're good as far as the LMO is concerned. Make sure your contract/job offer is valid when you get your visa as that is what the POE officer will look at upon entry to Canada.