+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Expired IELTS of Secondary PR Applicant for Citizenship

Apr 22, 2017
Hi there,
My wife was secondary applicant during PR application process back in 2016, we didn't know so she gave exams for IELTS. We later found that secondary applicant is not required to submit IELTS certificate so we didn't submit. Certificate is now expired, given that her IELTS was never submitted during PR application, can we use her Expired IELTS certificate for Citizenship application.
This link "Find out if you have the language proof for citizenship: Step 2 - Canada.ca" says you can submit Expired IELTS only if you have submitted during PR application, otherwise she must provide other proof of language certificate.
Please can someone help answering this question?

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
I think the guidelines are quite clear. They have clarified the scenario, so probably not admissible. You could take the risk and submit and be asked to submit again. At this time, given the backlog, I would not recommend to anyone to take any chances with documents.

Reactions: armoured

bakshivishal

May 6, 2014
Hi there,
My wife was secondary applicant during PR application process back in 2016, we didn't know so she gave exams for IELTS. We later found that secondary applicant is not required to submit IELTS certificate so we didn't submit. Certificate is now expired, given that her IELTS was never submitted during PR application, can we use her Expired IELTS certificate for Citizenship application.
This link "Find out if you have the language proof for citizenship: Step 2 - Canada.ca" says you can submit Expired IELTS only if you have submitted during PR application, otherwise she must provide other proof of language certificate.
Yes, you can use expired IELTS for citizenship application. I used it as well, https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=595&top=5

Apr 22, 2017
I have another question, knowing that title of thread is different but since we have Hero Members already replying to this chat so let me ask here.
When we fill out list of addresses of last 5 years, what if I did soft landing and stayed in Canada for 3 weeks and left?
I stayed at a friends house for 2 days in GTA then I went to Saskatchewan and stayed for 10 days in AirBNB apartment and then came back to GTA and stayed at the same friends house for 4-5 days. Do I need to provide addresses of all these locations in the form? Sorry if this sounds a dumb question, I just don't want my application returned with incomplete or wrong information.

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
I have another question, knowing that title of thread is different but since we have Hero Members already replying to this chat so let me ask here.
When we fill out list of addresses of last 5 years, what if I did soft landing and stayed in Canada for 3 weeks and left?
I stayed at a friends house for 2 days in GTA then I went to Saskatchewan and stayed for 10 days in AirBNB apartment and then came back to GTA and stayed at the same friends house for 4-5 days. Do I need to provide addresses of all these locations in the form? Sorry if this sounds a dumb question, I just don't want my application returned with incomplete or wrong information.
The address that you provided to IRCC for your PR cards should be the address used for your soft landing stay. Technically, that is where you landed to and exited Canada from before permanently returning to Canada.

Apr 22, 2017
The address that you provided to IRCC for your PR cards should be the address used for your soft landing stay. Technically, that is where you landed to and exited Canada from before permanently returning to Canada.
Well, that address can be mailing address different from residence address, and this is true in my situation. At the border I gave address to deliver my PR card where I didn't live even for one day.

lossada

Sep 5, 2017
Hi there,
an expired language test result is only valid for citizenship if you sent it during the permanent resident process,
She should take Celpic-LS to avoid any inconvenience