+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Expired ielts for citizenship

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
No, since it would have been the academic version of IELTS.

They require general version of IELTS.

If you graduated from a program I believe you can use it. Length of program you will need to confirm. 2 or more years is definitely accepted.

Reactions: Adhamale

bringiton

May 25, 2014
Doesn't matter if it is expired. Only thing that matters is it should be IELTS General Module. As u said u had written IELTS for ur student visa, then it should be academic module which is not accepted.

Hope that helps

bringiton

May 25, 2014
No, since it would have been the academic version of IELTS.

They require general version of IELTS.

If you graduated from a program I believe you can use it. Length of program you will need to confirm. 2 or more years is definitely accepted.
All is good info except the last part. Length of the program is not a matter. The medium of instruction should be English. Thats what matters.

iceberge

Jan 19, 2015
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
INLAND OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
April 7, 2015
Nomination.....
ITA April 10
AOR Received.
AOR April 10
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 2, 2015
LANDED..........
November 11, 2015
Hi,

I had taken ielts in 2014 for my student Visa. Can I use the same ielts for citizenship?
Since you were student in 2014 I assume you finished your study, therefor you don't need any english language certificate. Submit your college or university degree/diploma certificate that would cover language requirement.

Last edited:

Adhamale

May 21, 2019
Hi,

Thank you so much for replying. The problem is that I didn't complete the diploma. I just finished 1 semester and then I quit. So will the transcripts only for that semester work?

essiralc14

Star Member
Sep 10, 2013
Manitoba
Hi,

Thank you so much for replying. The problem is that I didn't complete the diploma. I just finished 1 semester and then I quit. So will the transcripts only for that semester work?
Do you have a diploma/certificate and transcript from your home country? That is what I submitted plus my Academic IELTS and they accepted them.

Adhamale

May 21, 2019
I have a degree, transcript and expired ielts from back home and transcript for 1st semester from the college here in Canada.