+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Expired COPR_Received IRCC email_Action required – Are you able to travel to Canada soon?

iris2017

Jul 16, 2020
Hi, I'd like to know if anyone else with expired COPR received an IRCC email asking if you are able to travel to Canada soon?
My situation is: my spouse and I received COPR before March 18, 2020 (Expiration date: July 2020). I was able to landed June 2020, but my spouse couldn't because of the complicated situation caused by COVID19. He requested COPR extension via Webform and got a generic reply. We didn't send any request saying we were able to travel after that. However, we received an email yesterday asking if he can travel to Canada soon. It seems the medical exam is extended to May 2021 automatically. My husband still can't promise he can travel before May 2021 because of the uncertainty of COVID19 and other issues.

Anyone else received the email and plan to reply that? Thanks!

dosanjh23

Oct 9, 2020
Hi, I'd like to know if anyone else with expired COPR received an IRCC email asking if you are able to travel to Canada soon?
My situation is: my spouse and I received COPR before March 18, 2020 (Expiration date: July 2020). I was able to landed June 2020, but my spouse couldn't because of the complicated situation caused by COVID19. He requested COPR extension via Webform and got a generic reply. We didn't send any request saying we were able to travel after that. However, we received an email yesterday asking if he can travel to Canada soon. It seems the medical exam is extended to May 2021 automatically. My husband still can't promise he can travel before May 2021 because of the uncertainty of COVID19 and other issues.

Anyone else received the email and plan to reply that? Thanks!
What did you finally do ?Are they asking you to travel ?

iris2017

Jul 16, 2020
What did you finally do ?Are they asking you to travel ?
Did nothing...I didn't reply to that message. I guess that means if my husband is able to travel and ask for travel documents in the future, he has to redo the medical exam.

dosanjh23

Oct 9, 2020
Doing medica
Did nothing...I didn't reply to that message. I guess that means if my husband is able to travel and ask for travel documents in the future, he has to redo the medical exam.
Doing medical is okay, but does it jeopardize the chances . Can they say NO ? I can't travel either right now but I feel scared saying no.

Reactions: Dkiks

AmyCLC

Star Member
Mar 25, 2020
China, Malaysia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
China for me, Malaysia for husband
App. Filed.......
01-02-2018
Doc's Request.
12-05-2018
IELTS Request
01-05-2018
Med's Request
22-07-2019
Passport Req..
12-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2020
I have been waiting for IRCC to ask us land for many months. I had been ready and left my job since march last year 2020. The email everyone to ask if can land is inefficient. It's going to be so sos slow.

It is better they prioritize those contact them that they can land. These people are sure they go and have taken precautions. Asking those who uncertain or unprepared drop everything is not work because it takes time to leave everything. I serve 3 month notice thinking I land in March 2020 and still waiting and no income four months now. My savings are low running.