+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Expired COPR

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you so much for your reply. This was very helpful. I will try it again and keep sending all the documents even though I sent everything you wrote.
One last question, what category did you choose when you filled the webform from the drop menu? Electronic travel authorization or request of amendments of documents?
Please don't keep sending the same thing. Repeat emails is just creating more delays. If you have not received a response in multiples months then contact again.

Shamrock16

Star Member
Apr 19, 2016
Hi,

AL means authorization letter from IRCC for travel purpose. My situation was almost same like you. My wife and daughter's VISA and medicals expired in September 2020. I raised a travel ready webform on September 30 mentioning all details like
Case of Family reunification
why they were not able to travel earlier
Quarantine arrangements for my wife and daughter (attached lease agreement)
My company letter to prove that I am employed and can take care of them

I received generic response for the 1st 3 webforms (same details in each webform). Finally got the ALs after 3 months (almost). For your reference please find below extract from the AL. Hope this helps.

You must carry a copy of this letter along with your passport as proof of your authorization to travel to Canada.

On March 18, 2020, the Government of Canada announced travel restrictions to Canada to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and protect the health and safety of Canadians. Your application for permanent residence (PR) was approved on 2019/11/01 and you were issued a confirmation of permanent residence (CoPR) document. If you are from a country that requires a visa to travel to Canada, you were also issued a PR visa counterfoil in your passport. As your application for permanent residence was approved on or before March 18, 2020, you are exempt from the travel restrictions. As your CoPR XXXXXXX and PR visa XXXXXXX expired on 2020/09/22, we have extended their validity until 2021/04/29. At this time, we are not printing and mailing new CoPRs or PR visa counterfoils.
For your travel to Canada, you will need to:
bring this letter, along with your original CoPR and PR visa
show it to the airline as proof that you are exempt from the travel restriction and that the validity of your expired CoPR and PR visa have in fact been extended.
use this letter before 2021/02/16
These informations are so useful for us. My family is in same situation. Thank you so much for sharing this to us.

rav.tater

Jan 19, 2021
Hi everyone,
I am also in same situation - got COPR approved before 18th March and then documents expired in July. Then got an email from IRCC asking whether we are ready to travel in 60 days, which I didn't respond since I was not ready to travel then.
I was also preparing to send out the web-form until recently (4th Jan) but then I saw a new update regarding Web-Form. It says not to send web-form or email in order to avoid delay. It says that IRCC will contact us individually whether we are ready to travel.

I am a little stressed now. I was planning to move by March'21. But this changes everything. I don't think that they will contact as any soon since they have so many WebForm under processing while working with under capacity.

Has anyone been contacted by IRCC post 23rd December regarding 'Ready to Travel'

Aliasoufan

Star Member
Aug 19, 2020
Hi everyone,
I am also in same situation - got COPR approved before 18th March and then documents expired in July. Then got an email from IRCC asking whether we are ready to travel in 60 days, which I didn't respond since I was not ready to travel then.
I was also preparing to send out the web-form until recently (4th Jan) but then I saw a new update regarding Web-Form. It says not to send web-form or email in order to avoid delay. It says that IRCC will contact us individually whether we are ready to travel.

I am a little stressed now. I was planning to move by March'21. But this changes everything. I don't think that they will contact as any soon since they have so many WebForm under processing while working with under capacity.

Has anyone been contacted by IRCC post 23rd December regarding 'Ready to Travel'
I got my initial copr PR in December 2019 (my AOR wa son june 20 2019)
copr expired on dec 4th 2020 - and i had sent them a webform informing them that it is expired and that i was willing to move later this year, just to keep them in the loop. (i had been sending them a webform every month before my copr expires just to tell them that my plan was still to move in 2021 etc...)
on Dec 30 they sent me a letter knowing that my copr had expired, and they gave me 2 options: either travel by 27 feb 2021 with expired documents (so basically they gave me an extension of 2 months) or redo medicals if my plan was still to move later than feb - and that they would reissue a new 1 year valid visa and copr once medicals are passed. And that was what i opted for.
now i am just waiting for the next step really.

Goodluck!

Meg Hassakorsian

Jun 24, 2020
I got my initial copr PR in December 2019 (my AOR wa son june 20 2019)
copr expired on dec 4th 2020 - and i had sent them a webform informing them that it is expired and that i was willing to move later this year, just to keep them in the loop. (i had been sending them a webform every month before my copr expires just to tell them that my plan was still to move in 2021 etc...)
on Dec 30 they sent me a letter knowing that my copr had expired, and they gave me 2 options: either travel by 27 feb 2021 with expired documents (so basically they gave me an extension of 2 months) or redo medicals if my plan was still to move later than feb - and that they would reissue a new 1 year valid visa and copr once medicals are passed. And that was what i opted for.
now i am just waiting for the next step really.

Goodluck!

Any updates on the above Dear?