+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Expired COPR US Citizen

Jay Clayton

Jun 16, 2022
Hello Everyone if I can get feedback on this particular matter it would be greatly appreciated. If anyone can share their experience With expired COPR it will be appreciated. I’m from New York City & was sponsored by my spouse to come to Canada. I missed my landing date due to personal family circumstances & other issues. My Corp expired on March 3, 2022.
I reached out to IRCC via webform. A immigration agent responded telling me to reach out to the immigration office in New York & that she gave them my explanation letter including supporting documents. I emailed the Canadian visa office and received this response. I also reached out to the local MP in Canada. Any feedback would be appreciated. Would you guys say I’m in the clear?

Dear Sir,

The Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR) has expired and, as a result, cannot be used for landing.

This office will request an extension of your medical result, which will in turn, extend the validity of the CoPR.

If a new medical exam is required, this office will advise you in the coming days.

Advise this office if you intend to remain in Canada for the near future as we may be able to coordinate with an IRCC office inland for in-Canada landing.

Kindly await further instructions.

Last edited: