+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Expired CoPR - Inland CEC PR - Could not Land due to COVID-19

GwenFayeth

Star Member
Jul 24, 2019
I'm a CEC inland PR applicant. I got my CoPR 7 months ago and my in-person landing appointment in Canada got cancelled due to COVID-19.
My CoPR expired yesterday. I have a work permit expiring in a few months. I've reached out to IRCC multiple times in the last 7 months desperately begging for a PR landing or some sort of solution, but they don't advise me anything new.
I have not been contacted by them to reschedule my appointment or to finalize my PR landing. I can't apply for jobs and cannot travel out of Canada. I'm caught in a limbo and don't know what to do.
Anyone else in this situation?

Reactions: ibujack

Jaybird94

Star Member
Jan 7, 2020
If you're currently in Canada, give IRCC a call directly. Explain over the phone that you're already within Canada, on a work permit expiring soon. I've seen CEC Inland applicants who received their COPR recently say that they just received a call from IRCC with the CoPR immediately afterwards.

GwenFayeth

Star Member
Jul 24, 2019
I already have my CoPR, which has expired. So it's really the validation of my PR status and the last step that's been on hold for 7 months. I called IRCC today and they said they cannot advise me anything at this point and I should just wait for them to contact me. They said hopefully they will be able to pick back up the waiting applications until the end of this year. Not a very bright outlook unfortunately.
I've seen some people on this forum who got their CoPR 4 months after me and they already got approval of PR and waiting for their PR card. I was dealt a bad hand it seems.

wilamike

Aug 20, 2020
@GwenFayeth I am in the same situation like you as inland applicant with CoPR issued in end Feb and expired in May. I called IRCC multiple times and submitted multiple web forms. Got the response that needs to wait and nothing else I can do. Meanwhile I did raise an urgency in one of the webform that I need to travel urgently and the ticket got forwarded by the hotline to the responsible office. Let's connect so that we can keep in sync of the situation.

ibujack

Star Member
Dec 10, 2019
i am also in the same situation, but weird think is they issues AL letter to my family last week to travel with expired COPR, but i still dint do my landing. They told(i.e. immigration officer called before she issued AL to my family) the immigration officer will call and do the virtual landing on the day my family land at airport. is there any with my situation?

Jitz1234

Sep 13, 2021
@GwenFayeth I am in the same situation like you as inland applicant with CoPR issued in end Feb and expired in May. I called IRCC multiple times and submitted multiple web forms. Got the response that needs to wait and nothing else I can do. Meanwhile I did raise an urgency in one of the webform that I need to travel urgently and the ticket got forwarded by the hotline to the responsible office. Let's connect so that we can keep in sync of the situation.
Any update ?