+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Experts!!!! Suggestions needed for ECA (Educationa duration overlap)

Ascent

May 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear All,

I am undecided about a friends Education evaluation. Like i don;t know weather her degrees will be evaluated as equivalent to Master or two graduate diplomas or in an other scenario will credibility of the MBA degree be in question.

Details of the Educational record are as follow.

1. Two year BBA pass from affiliate college of Karachi university. (Fall 2003 - Spring 2005).

2.Two year MA. Economics from Karachi university as private candidate.(Jan 2007 - Dec 2008) 1 paper failed attempted in june 2009 and cleared and received degree in 2009.

3.Two year MBA program from HEC recognized private sector university. (jan 2009 - Dec 2010) Degree Awarded in 2010. she started her MBA degree before clearing MA economic as she was private candidate for MA.

My question is will it be a problem ? Should MA economic degree be skiped fom evaluation. as both admisions in MA economics and MBA were on the basis of BBA Pass.

She is in NOC 2171 .

An elaboration to the above scenario is she want to get evaluated for 18 years of education or say Masters degree to get higher CRS score.

Regards

Ascent

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I would evaluate both Master's. Bachelor degrees in Canada are four year degrees. So it's quite possible her BA + 1 Master's will be evaluated as the equivalent of just one Bachelor degree in Canada.

Ascent

May 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scylla said:
I would evaluate both Master's. Bachelor degrees in Canada are four year degrees. So it's quite possible her BA + 1 Master's will be evaluated as the equivalent of just one Bachelor degree in Canada.
i know that she will get 4 years bachelors in Canada but then she will get only 413 points as she will get only 25 point in skill transferability for Education. is there any way to max her education to Masters equivalent?

Ascent

May 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In the scenario above is it possible that one of the Master degree be evaluated as 2 year diploma??

As this will get her more marks and her chance of getting ITA will be increased.

Your precious advise is requested.

Thanks

cartwright

Star Member
Jul 31, 2015
Ascent said:
In the scenario above is it possible that one of the Master degree be evaluated as 2 year diploma??

As this will get her more marks and her chance of getting ITA will be increased.

Your precious advise is requested.

Thanks
Use the online free WES tool to check.

Ascent

May 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@cartwright WES does not recognize her educational institution therefore no use :(

anujgupta84

Sep 12, 2014
Hi Ascent, it is not mandatory that if your institution is not listed in the WES free equivalency tool, then the qualification will be treated as non-recognised. That tool is just for our reference. No one but WES's report can let you know the Canadian equivalency of your education. Get the transcripts in a SEALED envelope from all the 3 qualification and send them to WES in one single envelope.

All the best.

cartwright

Star Member
Jul 31, 2015
Ascent said:
@ cartwright WES does not recognize her educational institution therefore no use :(
If it ain't recognised then the only way to find out would be to apply with transcripts and the other required document to WES for evaluation. You can find the details of the required documents on the WES website. Good luck.

Ascent

May 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@anujgupta84 and @cartwright thanks alot for the valuable advise.

Ascent

May 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tried to use WES free assessment tool but unfortunately country of residence Pakistan is there but country of education as Pakistan in data base is not available.

Help and suggestions needed..!!!!!

AVallani

Nov 20, 2019
Hello Ascent. Were you able to do the Assessment? If yes, can you please share the results.
I currently have a BS but intend to do MA Private from Karachi University (will do both part 1 and part 2 together).

Thank you in advance.