+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Experts please help

mariehit

Nov 5, 2014
zedmantri said:
This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada as a member of the Canadian Experience Class.
Your application and all of the documents you submitted in support of it have been reviewed and it appears that you may not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.

Subsection 11(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA)provides that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or any other document required by the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of the Act.

I have concerns that you have not fulfilled the requirement put upon you by subsection 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act which states:
16(1) A person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonable requires.

Specifically, I have concerns with the employment letter dated 26November 2013 from abc company, NOC 0621 selected, as Full time RETAIL STORE MANAGER which you have provided in support of your application.
There is no evidence on file that clearly indicate that you met any of the actions in the lead statement or any of the main duties under the NOC code selected.
The job description provided in the letter(s) of employment appears to have been partially drawn or drawn directly from HRSDC website. There is no specific detail in the list of duties that differentiates the work from the generic description provided by HRSDC
As such, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirement of the Canadian Experience Class

I would like to provide you with the opportunity to respond to this information. You will have 30 days from the date of this letter to submit additional information in this regard. Please respond using the address at the end of this letter and clearly indicate your file number for all correspondence.

If you do not respond to this request within 30 days, your application will be assessed based on the information currently on file and may result in the refusal of your application.
May I ask when did you get the AOR?

MenicMonday

Feb 25, 2014
retwant said:
But 600 pages could be too much for some people thou. It is like punishing them with their work. Why didn't you trim them down?

Visa officers are also human being like us. Their decisions are according to the guidelines, but we, humans, have bias. If somebody gave me a 600 pages of documents and I have to review all of them, I would be seriously pissed. The easiest solution would be to find one fault in that 600 pages to rule you ineligible. Especially, if VOs have tight deadlines, goals, personal issues, and many other things.

It works much better for your favour, if you make their job easier for faster approvals. I do hope all the best for your case. Good luck!
Exactly what I was thinking.
OR, if my senior officer asks me why it's taking so long to make a recommendation, I can say I have yet to go through 600 pages.
Potentially more delay for this case + added delays to the other cases being reviewed by that same officer.

zedmantri

Nov 5, 2014
The reason i gave 600 pages was to prove the officer that I have enough evidence for the comcerns he has against my application. Plus I had marked almost each and every document so that it would be easy for thr officer to check. I had put the most important documents on top that I felt would support my case better. And I think out of that 600 docs the officer can pull out just say any 5 pages and access them. I do understand that they have a busy schedule and other things to do too but I dint want to give them a second chance to say that I dint provide them with enough evidence.

Gurindar

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-12-2014
zedmantri said:
The reason i gave 600 pages was to prove the officer that I have enough evidence for the comcerns he has against my application. Plus I had marked almost each and every document so that it would be easy for thr officer to check. I had put the most important documents on top that I felt would support my case better. And I think out of that 600 docs the officer can pull out just say any 5 pages and access them. I do understand that they have a busy schedule and other things to do too but I dint want to give them a second chance to say that I dint provide them with enough evidence.
You are correct but Coffee with 2 Cream and 2 sugar is ok , but when you fill your coffee with Sugar out of Limit may be pouring 20 Sugar instead of 2 what your coffee will turn upto ?? That's all people are trying to say .

Your Reference letter is enough to convince CIC if its proper . You would have just sent few important mails to prove your point , Ultimately they want to know you are genuine case .

You copied your duties exactly from HRSDC site that is the only concern I see in the letter.

zedmantri

Nov 5, 2014
This is my actual employer letter

​​​​​​​​​​November 26th, 2013

To Whom it may concern:
This letter is to confirm that Mr. Abc started working as a Store Manager (NOC 0621) at acb company on a full-time basis since September 26th, 2011, and is presently still working here in the same capacity. Prior to that, our company hired him as a part-time sales associate from January 16th, 2011 to September 25th, 2011. While working as a Store Manager, Mr. Abc is involved in the day to day operations of the business, which includes planning, organizing, controlling and evaluating the operations of the store.

Mr. Abc's main duties include the following:
• Manage staff and assign duties: Assigning tasks for staff to sell cellular products and services to new and existing customers.
• Implement price and credit policies: Making sure products are correctly priced and that pricing procedures are followed.
• Determine and implement marketing strategies: Determine strategies to promote new items and setting up clearance section to clear out old stock. Carrying out in store promotions.
• Study market research and trends: Carrying out market study to match competitors’ price and services.
• Plan, direct and evaluate the operations of the establishment: Oversee store opening and closing procedures.
• Input data to prepare daily sales reports and regularly use weekly and monthly data to develop sales and promotional strategies.
• Determine staffing requirements: Recruit, hire and train staff and prepare weekly schedule.
• Implement employee performance evaluations and improvement plans.
• Sending phone out for repairs and maintaining record for the phones sent out.
• Locate, select and procure merchandise: Manage store inventory which includes ordering new goods and return defective products to and from warehouse.
• Resolve customer complaints: Deal with unhappy customers in a cordial manner while following up with employees as need be.

As a store Store Manager, Mr. Abc works 40 hours a week. In 2012, he earned $34,080.00. In 2013, to date he has earned $34,560.00. He is also entitled for a 3 week paid vacation.

For any further inquiries you may contact me at 000-000-0000 or email me at acbs@yahoo.ca

cecapplied

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good luck with your case, and keep posted of how it fares

cecapplied

zedmantri said:
I did respond the VO with a 600 pages of evidence which proves that I was the store manager of that business. I had around 500 emails send almost everyday to from my email to the company warehouse email that used to ship us goods for the store. In addition i also got a reference letter from mall manager on the malls letter head stating that I have worked as a store manager for so and so company under his supervision. Plus i also gpt a reference letter from other employees working in the mall who knew me while I was working as a store manager. All the evidence that I have given which were in my email have dates the email was send, time the email was send, the person receiving the email( was send to the company email).

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
zedmantri said:
The reason i gave 600 pages was to prove the officer that I have enough evidence for the comcerns he has against my application. ....I do understand that they have a busy schedule and other things to do too but I dint want to give them a second chance to say that I dint provide them with enough evidence.
Unfortunately, it appears that you did not give the one page that matters, which is a credible Letter of Employment. I think this is an excellent example of "trying too hard..."

What you need is a Letter of Employment that describes your duties and responsibilities in your supervisor's own words. The cutting and pasting of duties from the NOC description were done in such a way that unfortunately demonstrates a lack of understanding of what they mean. For example, "Plan, direct and evaluate the operations of the establishment: Oversee store opening and closing procedures." Overseeing opening and closing are not what is meant by planning, directing and evaluating the operations... And while you do have the personnel management duties described, a key element - budgeting- was missing.

If you can get another letter from your employer, you can give it a shot, but since your duties described in the first letter align better with the excluded Retail Supervisor position (NOC 6211), you might want to start looking for a plan B...

I am sorry, I have no doubt you work very hard, but just trying to keep it real -

retwant

Dec 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jes_ON said:
I think this is an excellent example of "trying too hard..."
I think it is more that the Original Poster are dumping everything to the VO just to be safe. That might imply that he/she lacks understanding of how to properly provide evidence that you meet the requirements for CEC. By providing 600 pages of evidence compared to typical averages 6 pages, that means 10x more exposure to errors and more reasons that it may not work on your favour.

Just a random analogy, this is like when your boss ask you to bring a sticky note during your 3 months work probation, and you gave him the all of the supplies in Staples entire store, just to make sure he/she got the right one. Even though you organized them neatly and colour-coded them, your boss still need to oversee all of them being returned to the respective aisle & locations. That means your boss and staff from second shifts will need to work extra hours. Imagine how they will review this performance of yours...

MenicMonday

Feb 25, 2014
retwant said:
I think it is more that the Original Poster are dumping everything to the VO just to be safe. That might imply that he/she lacks understanding of how to properly provide evidence that you meet the requirements for CEC. By providing 600 pages of evidence compared to typical averages 6 pages, that means 10x more exposure to errors and more reasons that it may not work on your favour.

Just a random analogy, this is like when your boss ask you to bring a sticky note during your 3 months work probation, and you gave him the all of the supplies in Staples entire store, just to make sure he/she got the right one. Even though you organized them neatly and colour-coded them, your boss still need to oversee all of them being returned to the respective aisle & locations. That means your boss and staff from second shifts will need to work extra hours. Imagine how they will review this performance of yours...
He was simply following a lawyer's advice....so I'm not at all surprised.

Gurindar

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-12-2014
MenicMonday said:
He was simply following a lawyer's advice....so I'm not at all surprised.
Lawyer is not god man , What he is doing will of course pissoff VO.

retwant

Dec 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That's how some of them are affording their more than average lifestyle. Overextended hours = more money. It is unfortunate that they became the bad apples of the group thou...