+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Experts Advice: The deadline already passed and still didn't get an answer

crosstantine

Star Member
Nov 23, 2009
Hi, I started my process as FSW in early 2007, and the acknowledgement letter said that if I didn't get an answer before the 53 month I should contact them and ask what happened, I'm at the 60 month of this endless pain and wrote several times to the inquiry page as well as I wrote some emails, but still I didn't get any answer from the embassy, I changed my home phone number 2 years ago and wrote several times to update it and nothing... I don't know if the Colombian Embassy is dead or something like that, maybe my emails are going through a black hole.

If you don't get an answer from the embassy is there a way to ask to some other instances what happened with your process? is there any rank or something like that?

BTW, if you are going to answer that I should ask for my E-CAS I already research about this path and the only think that I will see in that is "application received", nothing else.

Thanks

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
You should apply for GCMS or caips notes. These are more detailed and should tell you what's going on. It is free under the Privacy Act(if you are physically present in Canada) or you can authorize a third party(who is in Canada) to obtain it for you for a $5 fee. Another thing you can do is make a case specific inquiry or contact your local member of paliarment(assuming you are in Canada).

crosstantine

Star Member
Nov 23, 2009
Thanks for your quick reply, I've a sense that I need to provide more information about my case.

I started in Feb 2007 as FSW at the "simplified application" which stated that you start the immigration process with the payment of the fees and the application form, just that, and they will send an acknowledgment letter, after that I should way to get an update document request in order to send the support documents, at this point they will start to review the application, after that I should receive a medical request, etc.

At this moment I sent my application, and the fees back in 2007, and received the acknowledgement letter two months later (march 2007 I think), that's it... in that letter they stated that if I don't get any communication before the 53 months mark I should contact them to know what had happened with my process, and I did that, I used the inquiry form at the immigration website to send the question (several times...) I started to do this inquiries about 3 months ago, after the first 3 inquiries I decided was time to send an email asking what's wrong, and same result, I didn't get an answer. Parallel to these events I changed my phone number 2 years ago, and follow the procedure to update this kind of information, send a fax, post an inquiry and finally send an email, none of them got an answer back nor got any update in the phone number, the page keep showing the wrong phone number. That's why I think I'm sending this inquiries to a garbage can, because I didn't even get a simple phone update.

Been saying that, I think caips notes will just show "application received on XXX-2007", and that's it, I think I will not get any additional information until they start to do some assessment of application, and that will occur at the time they ask me for my documents update. am I wrong? is it useful to spend $45 bucks? or I will not get any useful information from the caips notes?

Sorry for the long post, and thanks for your help.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
There is obviously a communication breakdown somewhere. Have you moved since you applied? Caips notes contain detailed information(e.g. visa officers' comments) and will give you an idea of what the hold up is. The choice is yours, to get them or not. After close to 5 years of waiting, don't you think it's worth finding out?

If I were in your shoes now, I would make a new application under the current FSW class(check if you still qualify, the rules have changed a bit overtime) or try the provincial nominee category. This may be the best route right now, because the wait times seem shorter now.

crosstantine

Star Member
Nov 23, 2009
Thanks for your answer, but sadly my career is not eligible now, so I've to stick up with the current application or start a new one under Quebec Skilled program, which will take some time to learn french first.

I think I will try the Caips notes, I think they worth the 40 bucks. Thanks for your advice.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Really sorry that it's taken so long. What about the provincial nominee programs? The other thing you can do while waiting is try to get a job in Canada and apply under the arranged employment stream of the FSW.

crosstantine

Star Member
Nov 23, 2009
Thx for you kind advice SenoritaBella, I sent a request for my CAIPS notes, if the next stage date is way too long I will try to apply under some other program, what's annoying is that I'll not be able to get a refund even if they take 100 years I wont be able to get the original fees.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Did you read about the prosposed changes for FSW applications before Feb 27, 2008? Your caips notes will come in handy now. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/releases/2012/2012-03-30a.asp

crosstantine

Star Member
Nov 23, 2009
Thx for been in touch SenoritaBella, I got my CAIPS notes 2 weeks ago, and I was very happy, at that time, to read that my process should started at January 2012, but now that I didn't get any update letter I'm assuming the worst, I'm going to be dropped like all the other cases,

I'm really depressed with this, because I thought I should be aligned with my believes that Canada is a fair country and you should not do any trick to get into consideration, because they follow the rules, blah blah blah... now I realized that I was wrong and Canada is just like any other country doing promises that are not willing to support.

As I said before, I'm not eligible under the new considerations, and I'm doing my research to start a new process under PNP. maybe my dream is all over now, because the age will go against me, I started my process when I was 32, now I'm 38... if I add 2 years, the processing time for a PNP I will be close to 40... and the new regulations will exclude me again... I'm feeling that I'm a dead loop, like a dog chasing its tail.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Only files for which a decision based on selection has not been made by March 29, 2012 will be closed. Where they started processing yours on Jan 2012, you may be lucky to avoid this. Hang in there buddy.
As you explore PNP options, consider all provinces and see which one has relatively easier requirements to meet. Did you look at the Quebec FSW?