Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2011
AOR Received.
8-01-2012(Mississauga) 28-03-2012 (buffalo)
File Transfer...
26-01-2012
Med's Request
25-07-2013
Med's Done....
Sept 2011, 26 July,2013
Interview........
July 2013-passed
Passport Req..
21-08-2013, sent on 27-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06 september, 2013
LANDED..........
27 september, 2013
jazzy1991 said:
i am in a fix please can seniors help
my friend is eligible for canadian PR (application was filled in july 2012)my friends wife came from india and it came out that the marriage was a hoax to get immigration so she can sponsor her cousin(with whom she had an affair in india which was not know to my friend or his family at the time of marriage) for Canadian immigration but fortunately my freind has not landed yet after the PR visa got stamped on their passports
its been two months only,the wife is not pregnanent and they donot have a very intimate relationship and after finding about the malafide motive of his wife he wants to divorce her but he does not know what rights she will be subjected to in case he divorces her
please seniors guide
1-what maximum rights do the wife will have in the event of divorce
2-what can be done of immigration
3-there is a letter given along with the PR visa what if he does not give it to the wife or destroys it?
looking forward to expert opinion
thanks in advance
Honestly your statement doesn't make any sense to me. and I am sure its confusing to everybody.

please explain more in detail, if you need help from somebody.

what category they both applied to come to canada?
do you mean your friend's wife already landed in canada as immigrant?
you are saying your friend is eligible for PR, but didn't he already applied and in fact got their PR visa, so what you mean by eligible?
If your friend's wife already landed and your friend has not, then was she principle applicant? ( if it was point based application)

but looks like someone got married just to get immigration. but who got? who was PR of canada then out of two? If your friend's wife married your friend just for papers, then your friend should be PR himself, but you are saying he is eligible of PR and hasn't landed yet.

Forget the fact that you know your friend's story and read your own post. See if that makes any sense to you.

nsr

Jan 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2011
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
26-01-2012
Med's Request
25-07-2013
Med's Done....
Sept 2011, 26 July,2013
Interview........
July 2013-passed
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
06 september, 2013
LANDED..........
27 september, 2013
jazzy1991 said:
my friend applied for a PR on skilled worker route and sponsored his wife
no she did not landed as immigrant she came on a visit visa for PR visa to get stamped but my friend and his wife has not yet landed

sorry for any confusions they were unintentional
so your friend applied on skilled worker category and got PR visa but still not landed yet. right?

His wife was also on his application and also got her PR visa but not landed yet. right?

your friends wife is in canada on visitor visa. right?

your friend is still in india. right?

your friends wife married your friend because he was about to get his PR visa on skilled worker. right?

Confirm, if everything is right?

nsr

Jan 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2011
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
26-01-2012
Med's Request
25-07-2013
Med's Done....
Sept 2011, 26 July,2013
Interview........
July 2013-passed
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
06 september, 2013
LANDED..........
27 september, 2013
jazzy1991 said:
yes everything is right but my friend is in Canada and the wife is also in canada
Ok So your friend's wife cannot do landing without your Friend. As far as I know, principal applicant has to land before dependents or they can land together. So in that case your friend can land himself and let the CIC know that he doesn't want his wife to land because of fraudulent marriage. Also he can keep COPR paper of her with him and hand over it to CIC while doing his landing.

Seniors might know better, but this is what I think.

jazzy1991

Aug 21, 2013
nsr said:
Ok So your friend's wife cannot do landing without your Friend. As far as I know, principal applicant has to land before dependents or they can land together. So in that case your friend can land himself and let the CIC know that he doesn't want his wife to land because of fraudulent marriage. Also he can keep COPR paper of her with him and hand over it to CIC while doing his landing.

Seniors might know better, but this is what I think.
yes I got that

the point was what maximum rights the wife is subjected to in the event of divorce as she is not a canadian citizen yet and the marriage contract took place in india

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am replying here because your inbox is full.

If your friend had added his wife to his application, he can not remove her completely until the divorce is finalized. He can however notify CIC that he has realized it is a fraudulent marriage and that he is in the process of getting divorced and ask that his wife status be changed from accompanying to non-accompanying which would mean that she doesn't get a PR visa. In any case, she would not be able to land before him because he is the principal applicant so in case she still has her PR visa and the visa office isn't doing anything for him, he could make it harder for her to land if he delays his own landing as much as possible because as said, she can not land before him.

jazzy1991

Aug 21, 2013
Hello respected seniors

I am very thankful to you all for your guidance and please to inform you that yesterday my friend received a mail from CIC indicating that they believe that since the girl is not my friends wife anymore so she does not satisfy the definition of a spouse and is not eligible anymore for immigration under this application