+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Expert Advice Required

wow777

Star Member
Aug 4, 2016
Hi guys,

i am 5 months into the process after AOR (Express Entry). I didnot pay RPRF upfront, and am at IP2 since June 19th. My application is in London.

My last correspondence with the VO was also in late June after IP2 where they said my background check is in progress, and they will themselves contact me.

My question is that it has almost been 2 months after that, and i am still not asked for RPRF, plus i dont see any progress.

Should i contact them again? Or wait? And if i contact them again what should be my query? Can i say that i havent been contacted for RPRF until now? Since i hear they dont like direct update inquiries, plus my 6 months time hasn't completed yet.

Any suggestions plz?

ashwani.m

Feb 5, 2017
Delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
Hi guys,

i am 5 months into the process after AOR (Express Entry). I didnot pay RPRF upfront, and am at IP2 since June 19th. My application is in London.

My last correspondence with the VO was also in late June after IP2 where they said my background check is in progress, and they will themselves contact me.

My question is that it has almost been 2 months after that, and i am still not asked for RPRF, plus i dont see any progress.

Should i contact them again? Or wait? And if i contact them again what should be my query? Can i say that i havent been contacted for RPRF until now? Since i hear they dont like direct update inquiries, plus my 6 months time hasn't completed yet.

Any suggestions plz?
Ordering GCMS notes at this time is the best bet for you..

fatimafarooqi

Aug 11, 2017
Hi guys,

Any suggestions plz?
Delay at IP2 stage means that there is a possibility that your application is put into security screening. Do you or your spouse have military or government service background or one or both of you might have traveled in past to some countries which are considered unsafe? like Iran, North Korea etc?

wow777

Star Member
Aug 4, 2016
I have visited london for a few days and I have worked in a government organization. Never visited the countries you mentioned. So they can take more than 6 months?
Delay at IP2 stage means that there is a possibility that your application is put into security screening. Do you or your spouse have military or government service background or one or both of you might have traveled in past to some countries which are considered unsafe? like Iran, North Korea etc?

Ridhi1402

Jun 28, 2017
Hi All,

I have applied for EE but withdrawn my profile due to some mistake. UCI is generated.I have applied again and got ITA but did not get UCI this time.
For filling PR application, i need to fill PR application number and UCI. Please suggest what Application numer should i fill, the withdrawn one or the one on which I got ITA(but no UCI)

fatimafarooqi

Aug 11, 2017
I have visited london for a few days and I have worked in a government organization. Never visited the countries you mentioned. So they can take more than 6 months?
Visiting London is no issue. But the delay might be due to your govt service if it was done recently. Otherwise there is some other issue. You should prder gcms notes immediately. If you find "security screening" in gcms notes, then it's a bad news as in this case it can take many more months. Meanwhile, try to contact LVO through email. They do reply, but usually after few days.

fatimafarooqi

Aug 11, 2017
Hi All,

I have applied for EE but withdrawn my profile due to some mistake. UCI is generated.I have applied again and got ITA but did not get UCI this time.
For filling PR application, i need to fill PR application number and UCI. Please suggest what Application numer should i fill, the withdrawn one or the one on which I got ITA(but no UCI)
You should write new application number. Leave UCI blank. They will generate again for you

fatimafarooqi

Aug 11, 2017
Also check your spam/junk folder regularly. A lot of times their emails land in spam folder, especially the ppr email and there is no status change for ppr email. Cant cay for sure about rprf.

wow777

Star Member
Aug 4, 2016
Thanks !! I have emailed them, will also order GCMS notes...do they know we are ordering GSMS notes? I heard it can spoil one's case also...i hope tht's not true.
Visiting London is no issue. But the delay might be due to your govt service if it was done recently. Otherwise there is some other issue. You should prder gcms notes immediately. If you find "security screening" in gcms notes, then it's a bad news as in this case it can take many more months. Meanwhile, try to contact LVO through email. They do reply, but usually after few days.

fatimafarooqi

Aug 11, 2017
Thanks !! I have emailed them, will also order GCMS notes...do they know we are ordering GSMS notes? I heard it can spoil one's case also...i hope tht's not true.
That's not true, in fact I have seen multiple times that they started working on stucked cases after GCMS notes are ordered. They will definitely know that you have ordered GCMS notes, but thats no issue.

My case is similar to yours. I'm also March AOR and stucked at IP2. I know many people from April who have received PPR two weeks ago. I'm the primary applicant, but my husband worked for government, so I suspect that they might have put yours and mine application for "security screening". I've ordered GCMS notes, but it'll take at least 3 more weeks until I receive them. Do keep in touch if you receive any update, I'll do the same.

wow777

Star Member
Aug 4, 2016
That's not true, in fact I have seen multiple times that they started working on stucked cases after GCMS notes are ordered. They will definitely know that you have ordered GCMS notes, but thats no issue.

My case is similar to yours. I'm also March AOR and stucked at IP2. I know many people from April who have received PPR two weeks ago. I'm the primary applicant, but my husband worked for government, so I suspect that they might have put yours and mine application for "security screening". I've ordered GCMS notes, but it'll take at least 3 more weeks until I receive them. Do keep in touch if you receive any update, I'll do the same.
Yes please do let me know....Guess I should order GCMS right away too...

Ridhi1402

Jun 28, 2017
You should write new application number. Leave UCI blank. They will generate again for you
Hi Thanks for the reply. But i have contacted one consultant and he asked me to fill the last one on which i got UCI. Because at the time of making EE profile, I mentioned my last application number. For PR application , it is automatically picking last application number.

Ridhi1402

Jun 28, 2017
Need one more advise.

I recently got married and have marriage certificate. But spouse name is not added on my passport. Do I need to get it done prior to PCC or immigration?