+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Expert advice is needed- Statutory Question in the PR application.

juls78

Star Member
May 30, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-11-2015
There is a Statutory Question in the PR application.
“Have you been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?”
Now the situation is:
My US visitor visa has been refused previously. The US Consulate had asked me to submit new passport due to slight damages in my passport. I would like to answer ‘YES’ to the above question. But, my specific concern is that I had not informed CIC about this refusal while applying & renewing my Canadian work permits (in 2014 & 2015). I had answered ‘NO’ to this question.
Now could you let me know if I should answer YES to this question in my PR application and enclose a letter explaining the refusal details without mentioning my answer to this same question in my earlier work visa applications?
or
Should I explain about the rejection and inform CIC about my mistake in answering ‘NO’ to this question?
Kindly guide me as to what I should do in this circumstance.

VictorCA

Oct 28, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-Nov-2015
Doc's Request.
09-Mar-2016
AOR Received.
25-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
08-May-2016
Passport Req..
26-Oct-2016
VISA ISSUED...
1-Nov-2016
LANDED..........
January 14, 2017. Praise God!
If I were you, I would answer "YES" to that question and explain. I'm in the same situation as you, in that the US denied me a visa once (I have one now), so I have to answer "YES" to that question. Having had a visa refused to you is not grounds for rejection on your application. Failing to disclose truthful information, though, is very serious, so I just wouldn't take a risk by answering "NO" when the real answer is "YES."

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
better to answer yes. Canada and the US share immigration details, if you tell them upfront and explain its fine, if they find out themselves and believe you were trying to hide it, its not.

juls78

Star Member
May 30, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-11-2015
Thanks
purplesnow said:
better to answer yes. Canada and the US share immigration details, if you tell them upfront and explain its fine, if they find out themselves and believe you were trying to hide it, its not.