+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Experiences applying for BUNAC USA Work Canada? (Working Holiday USA > CAN)

mathilde

Jul 10, 2012
Hey y'all. I'm new here so please excuse me if I am posting in the wrong forum. I am an American student graduating university (in the US) in December 2012.

Here are some questions about BUNAC USA Work Canada:

1.) What is the processing time for this visa when you applied?
2.) When BUNAC says "recent graduates", does that mean I must apply by January 2013, or could I wait and apply in March?
3.) Do I have 12 months to enter Canada, or less?

I've emailed BUNAC and they have simply redirected me to their website. I guess I just need reassurance more than anything.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

mathilde said:
Hey y'all. I'm new here so please excuse me if I am posting in the wrong forum. I am an American student graduating university (in the US) in December 2012.

Here are some questions about BUNAC USA Work Canada:

1.) What is the processing time for this visa when you applied?
2.) When BUNAC says "recent graduates", does that mean I must apply by January 2013, or could I wait and apply in March?
3.) Do I have 12 months to enter Canada, or less?

I've emailed BUNAC and they have simply redirected me to their website. I guess I just need reassurance more than anything.
Your not posting in the wrong forum, but you are looking at the wrong website. As a US citizen, you should be looking at the SWAP program. http://www.swap.ca/in_eng/index.aspx

1. About 30 days.
2. Thats fine.
3. You have to enter within 12 months of the date on your Letter of Introduction.

mathilde

Jul 10, 2012
PMM said:
Hi

Your not posting in the wrong forum, but you are looking at the wrong website. As a US citizen, you should be looking at the SWAP program.

1. About 30 days.
2. Thats fine.
3. You have to enter within 12 months of the date on your Letter of Introduction.
Ah, thank you! The program fee certainly is a lot less.... :D Thanks so much for the link. I'd heard of SWAP USA for Canadians, but not SWAP Canada for the US. I guess it makes sense. :)

llpeters08

Jul 11, 2012
As far as I am aware, the BUNAC and SWAP program fees are the same. They both have a mandatory clause that you must have medical insurance. BUNAC seems to require you to buy it from them, while SWAP is a bit more vague about that. SWAP does also have a clause though that "2. All round-trip transportation must be purchased from Travel CUTS or The Adventure may be exempted from this policy. Participants may be exempted from this policy if they drive." So, just be aware, that if you choose to go through SWAP, that you will be stuck buying your flights from a travel agency. Otherwise, BUNAC and SWAP are the exact same programs. I'd recommend emailing BUNAC again. I've used them for a few visas (including Work Canada from the US) and always found them to be really helpful.