+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Experienced opinions for the proof of funds for study permit..please reply soon

student2016

Star Member
Apr 29, 2016
Hello,
Friends I want to apply for the study permit. My sister is a permanent resident but she is not working. My brother in law is a main earner in the family.
Will I get my study permit approved if I show the financial documents of my brother in law as a Proof of funds?

They are in Toronto. Is it necessary for me to apply at the universities in Toronto only or I can apply in any province? I want to apply in British Columbia on the basis of my IELTS score. Mostly universities in Toronto are requiring GMAT/GRE to get an admission in the finance/accounts related programs but I don't have much time to do GMAT and they are really hard to achieve in a short time period. but I have a valid IELTS result.

I am presently in Dubai doing Masters in Applied finance from the University of Wollongong in Dubai but want to apply for Canada.

Please reply at your earliest,
Thanks.

student2016

Star Member
Apr 29, 2016
Thanks.
Do you have any idea about the GIC's which international students mostly buy from the Scotia bank Canada ?
Can a Pakistani student apply for these GIC's?

Thanks.

SYSyed

Star Member
Jun 16, 2016
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
VFS Lahore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11th July 2016
Doc's Request.
submitted
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
passed on 3-8-2016
Interview........
none yet
Passport Req..
submitted with application
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
you can apply for any province u want to
Presence and being sponsor of ur brother in law can go against u as it shows ur ties to canada more, but it depends on VO's mood
ur presence in Dubai also weakens ur ties to Pakistan
U need to work on this area

neorol

Jul 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2016
AOR Received.
26-10-2016 (1st AOR) / 01-12-2016 (BOWP - 2nd AOR)
Med's Done....
09-11-2016 (Passed)
Passport Req..
02-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2017
LANDED..........
22-04-2017
Funds have to be available on your account. Otherwise your brother in law has to sign a legal declaration that he is going to support you during your studies. He will have to show really detailed documentation about his funds and convince the officer in the declaration that he won't stop supporting you. It's possible, however, having money on your account is 100 times better.

darsan95

Star Member
Jul 29, 2016
india
Category........
Visa Office......
ahmedabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2016
Med's Done....
31-08-2016
my situation is almost same as yours.. my sister is in canada but she is working in a tech company and PR there. i applied under spp and under SPP u don't have to show a lot of funds like in other cases. my sister send me funds to my account and with all that (parents'+sister) i showed a bank balance of 8 lakhs and family income 4 lakhs pa. and GIC is must for SPP students.. the most important thing that matters is SOP. show strong ties to your home country and make sure u can convince Visa Officer that u can support your studies from Ur home country itself..
Avoid the sponsor thing as long as you can.
student2016 said:
Hello,
Friends I want to apply for the study permit. My sister is a permanent resident but she is not working. My brother in law is a main earner in the family.
Will I get my study permit approved if I show the financial documents of my brother in law as a Proof of funds?

They are in Toronto. Is it necessary for me to apply at the universities in Toronto only or I can apply in any province? I want to apply in British Columbia on the basis of my IELTS score. Mostly universities in Toronto are requiring GMAT/GRE to get an admission in the finance/accounts related programs but I don't have much time to do GMAT and they are really hard to achieve in a short time period. but I have a valid IELTS result.

I am presently in Dubai doing Masters in Applied finance from the University of Wollongong in Dubai but want to apply for Canada.

Please reply at your earliest,
Thanks.