+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Experience_Transit_Visa

ReemaSingh

Star Member
Dec 17, 2016
Dear All,

I am sure this question has been asked before. But I am still want to known about some personal experience. I am actually booking a flight to Canada. And I would like to known - For connecting flight (via Amstedam, London, France) do Indian citizen need the transit visa? I would highly appreciate if anyone could share their experience.

Many Thanks,
Reema,

munta_131

Nov 12, 2014
ReemaSingh said:
Dear All,

I am sure this question has been asked before. But I am still want to known about some personal experience. I am actually booking a flight to Canada. And I would like to known - For connecting flight (via Amstedam, London, France) do Indian citizen need the transit visa? I would highly appreciate if anyone could share their experience.

Many Thanks,
Reema,
Unless you plan to get out of the airport and tour around, you don't need a visa during a transit.

paul234

Star Member
Feb 21, 2017
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2017
Doc's Request.
03-05-17
Med's Request
03-05-17
Interview........
03-05-17
Passport Req..
...waiting...
ReemaSingh said:
Dear All,

Many Thanks,
Reema,
Not for the cities you mentioned. But U.S will need a visa even if you don't plan to leave the airport.

myrapiku

Feb 11, 2017
For London - usually yes.
I know that for passengers travelling to US (via London) do not need one.
Not sure about Canada though. You can check through BA.

manishuttara

Mar 8, 2017
Hi Reema,

not for the cities you mentioned. Not even in London (since you hold a valid entry visa to canada, elsewise you would have been in need). I have also booked via London through BA.

I was also following your other threads, can you give me some information here:
How much time it takes to get passport back once you submit it for visa stamping. on which date did you get your stamped visa?

ReemaSingh

Star Member
Dec 17, 2016
Dear All,

Thank you very much for your replies. I have booked the jet airways flight that has a technical stop in Amsterdam. I hope I will not be needing transit visa there.

@manishuttara: - I have submitted my passport on 15th March and got a message to collect my passport on 17th Evening. Collected the passport in person on 21. The stamped visa is started from the date of which CIC approved your file.

abhi141989

May 9, 2012
Visa Office......
Online (SOWP)
App. Filed.......
04-02-2017
File Transfer...
04-02-2017
Med's Request
03-05-2017
Med's Done....
06-05-2017 (Non eMedical) ; Passed on 09-05-2017
Passport Req..
16-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-05-2017
LANDED..........
July 2017
ReemaSingh said:
Dear All,

Thank you very much for your replies. I have booked the jet airways flight that has a technical stop in Amsterdam. I hope I will not be needing transit visa there.
That is correct. You don't need a transit visa for Amsterdam jet airways 9W232 (from Mumbai) /9W234 (From Delhi).

However, you will have to clear security at Amsterdam.

Thanks,