+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Experience

sunitha1689

Star Member
Mar 11, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi

I am a Post Graduate student and am graduating in May. Am planning to apply for EE as i have experience in IT. My questions are related to my experience.

I worked from 29th February 2012 to 27th November 2012 in one company (10 months) as a software trainee Engineer and

I worked from 28th November 2012 to 31st August 2015 in another company (2 years and 9 months) as a Software Engineer. (I joined here as a trainee engineer and eventually my designation was changed to Software Engineer).

Roles i was assigned to in both the companies falls under the same NOC code. When i shifted from one company to other, i did not leave even one day gap in between.

When i choose foreign experience category for my CRS Calculation, Can i choose 3 years or more?

Please clarify this to me.

Dexmoody

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sunitha1689 said:
When i choose foreign experience category for my CRS Calculation, Can i choose 3 years or more?

Yes. Work experience for CRS is cumulative, as long as it is in NOC classes 0, A or B. Doesn't even have to be in the same NOC code and doesn't need to be continuous.

sunitha1689

Star Member
Mar 11, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I failed to mention

I worked in India and not Canada.

I had 3+ years experience back in India. Now am here studying a course in Ontario.

Dexmoody

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sunitha1689 said:
I failed to mention

I worked in India and not Canada.

I had 3+ years experience back in India. Now am here studying a course in Ontario.
Doesn't matter. You still have more than 3 years' foreign work experience.

Can.ott

Feb 21, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sunitha1689 said:
Hi

I am a Post Graduate student and am graduating in May. Am planning to apply for EE as i have experience in IT. My questions are related to my experience.

I worked from 29th February 2012 to 27th November 2012 in one company (10 months) as a software trainee Engineer and

I worked from 28th November 2012 to 31st August 2015 in another company (2 years and 9 months) as a Software Engineer. (I joined here as a trainee engineer and eventually my designation was changed to Software Engineer).

Roles i was assigned to in both the companies falls under the same NOC code. When i shifted from one company to other, i did not leave even one day gap in between.

Well I Dis-Agree. give a close look at the following web site

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who.asp

if you have a foreign/India work experience it has to be

at least one year (1,560 hours total / 30 hours per week), continuous full-time or an equal amount in part-time,
paid work (volunteer work, unpaid internships do not count),
in the same job,
within the last 10 years, and
at skill type 0, or skill levels A or B of the 2011 National Occupational Classification (NOC).

your actual work experience is 2 years. if you would have worked in Canada then it would be a different case!!

Dexmoody

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can.ott said:
Well I Dis-Agree. give a close look at the following web site

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who.asp

if you have a foreign/India work experience it has to be

at least one year (1,560 hours total / 30 hours per week), continuous full-time or an equal amount in part-time,
paid work (volunteer work, unpaid internships do not count),
in the same job,
within the last 10 years, and
at skill type 0, or skill levels A or B of the 2011 National Occupational Classification (NOC).

your actual work experience is 2 years. if you would have worked in Canada then it would be a different case!!
Nope. You are looking at minimum criteria for FSW. OP was inquiring about CRS points, which is different.

CRS points are awarded for cumulative work experience. It can be in different NOCs and does not have to be continuous. OP will get points for 3+ years' work experience.

Can.ott

Feb 21, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dexmoody said:
Nope. You are looking at minimum criteria for FSW. OP was inquiring about CRS points, which is different.

CRS points are awarded for cumulative work experience. It can be in different NOCs and does not have to be continuous. OP will get points for 3+ years' work experience.
well CRS (comprehensive ranking system) does not give you points on cumulative work experience. please visit the site

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

there is Canadian work experience (continuous experience not required) and Federal experience (Continuous experience required)

Op is asking about her experience in india. op changed the job/company after 10 months.

I am not sure what experience you are talking about that can be federal and does not need to be continuous can you please share the web page from CIC to support your explanation.

alex_dinou

Oct 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can.ott said:
there is Canadian work experience (continuous experience not required) and Federal experience (Continuous experience required)
The wording in CRS tool has been discussed previously in this forum. It is a bit misleading and probably copied from FSW eligibility. 3 years of foreign work experience in last 10 years gives you maximum CRS points and it does not have to be continuous nor in the same NOC.

sunitha1689

Star Member
Mar 11, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am totally confused about this. And am worried :'(

I want to know the correct number of work experience I can enter in CRS.

Will my 10 months full time work also be considered??

Can I input 3+ years ??

Please help

Dexmoody

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can.ott said:
well CRS (comprehensive ranking system) does not give you points on cumulative work experience.
Yes it does.

Can.ott said:
Not true. For FSW, the minimum requirements is 12 months of continuous work - that is true. CRS points are independent of that, and points for work experience are being awarded for different NOCs that do not have to be in continuous jobs.

Can.ott said:
I am not sure what experience you are talking about that can be federal and does not need to be continuous can you please share the web page from CIC to support your explanation.
You must distinguish between the eligibility criteria for individual programs (FSW, CEC, FSTP) which have different requirements to qualify, and CRS points which are awarded on the same basis for all immigration programs.

Here's the excerpt from the actual legal text:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/mi/express-entry.asp

Foreign work experience

25. (1) For the purposes of sections 23 and 24, foreign work experience is work experience that

(a) is acquired by a foreign national outside Canada in one or more occupations listed in Skill Type 0 Management Occupations or Skill Level A or B of the National Occupational Classification matrix;
(b) consists of full-time work experience, or the full-time equivalent for part-time work experience, with one or more employers; and
(c) is acquired within the 10-year period preceding the day on which points are assigned to the foreign national under section 23 or subsection 24(1).

Dexmoody

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sunitha1689 said:

Can I input 3+ years ??

Please help
sunitha1689 said:

Can I input 3+ years ??

Please help
Yes, it is definitely 3+ years.

alex_dinou

Oct 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sunitha1689 said:

Can I input 3+ years ??

Please help
Your 10 months of experience will be considered for calculating CRS score provided that the job duties match NOC 0, A, B which you are claiming.