+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Experience with Consulate General of Canada in Los Angeles

Mirapakay

Feb 18, 2019
Hello Everyone!

Did anyone have experience sending passport to the Los Angeles Consulate for PR Visa?

I have received my PPR earlier this month and was asked to send my passport to the below address.

550 South Hope Street, 9th Floor, Los Angeles, California, U.S.A., 90071

My tracking says the packet with passport was delivered and I haven't received any confirmation from Consulate since then. Their Visa and immigration services number isn't providing any options to connect to an agent.

Does anyone know how long does it take for the passport to be returned or a way to reach them?

Thanks!

Yesh Sondhi

Star Member
Apr 16, 2019
Hello Everyone!

Did anyone have experience sending passport to the Los Angeles Consulate for PR Visa?

I have received my PPR earlier this month and was asked to send my passport to the below address.

550 South Hope Street, 9th Floor, Los Angeles, California, U.S.A., 90071

My tracking says the packet with passport was delivered and I haven't received any confirmation from Consulate since then. Their Visa and immigration services number isn't providing any options to connect to an agent.

Does anyone know how long does it take for the passport to be returned or a way to reach them?

Thanks!
I sent mine on the 1st June, havent heard anything since. It usually takes them around 20 days i guess.

Yesh Sondhi

Star Member
Apr 16, 2019
Did you receive any sort of confirmation from them? Do you know why it's 20 days just to stamp visa?
They do not send any confirmation. I saw my package was delivered so i know they have it. It takes around 20 days to a month for them usually just because they are lazy. I looked at Immitracker and people are getting back their passports in about a month's time. I have no clue if you can expedite the process somehow.

Mirapakay

Feb 18, 2019
They do not send any confirmation. I saw my package was delivered so i know they have it. It takes around 20 days to a month for them usually just because they are lazy. I looked at Immitracker and people are getting back their passports in about a month's time. I have no clue if you can expedite the process somehow.
Hmm.. Also, some people were asked to send the passport to Consulate and some to VFS. Do you know what is the difference?

Yesh Sondhi

Star Member
Apr 16, 2019
Hmm.. Also, some people were asked to send the passport to Consulate and some to VFS. Do you know what is the difference?
You mean people here in the US were asked to send passports to VFS? I think people residing in India had to send to VFS.

Yesh Sondhi

Star Member
Apr 16, 2019
My application just got updated that my application was approved. They have added the counterfoil numbers too. Passports now must be on their way back to me.

Mirapakay

Feb 18, 2019
You mean people here in the US were asked to send passports to VFS? I think people residing in India had to send to VFS.
Maybe you are right. People in India had to send to VFS.

My application just got updated that my application was approved. They have added the counterfoil numbers too. Passports now must be on their way back to me.
Is it on your CIC profile that you can see this update? What does your return envelope tracking says, if you have enclosed one so while sending Passports?

Yesh Sondhi

Star Member
Apr 16, 2019
Maybe you are right. People in India had to send to VFS.

Is it on your CIC profile that you can see this update? What does your return envelope tracking says, if you have enclosed one so while sending Passports?
Yes. It is on my CIC profile.I put my return address on the envelope but i dont have a tracking number. I took a 2 day shipping so i am expecting it sometime today.

Mirapakay

Feb 18, 2019
Yes. It is on my CIC profile.I put my return address on the envelope but i dont have a tracking number. I took a 2 day shipping so i am expecting it sometime today.
Unfortunately, I don't have access to my CIC profile. And, did you say your passport reached them on June 1st or did you actually send on June 1st. I know USPS delivers on Saturdays but just wanted to make sure.

Yesh Sondhi

Star Member
Apr 16, 2019
Unfortunately, I don't have access to my CIC profile. And, did you say your passport reached them on June 1st or did you actually send on June 1st. I know USPS delivers on Saturdays but just wanted to make sure.
Reached them on June 1. Why don't you have access to your CIC Profile? I think yours is the same scenario and if only you can check your profile, you will know if your passport is on the way or not yet.

Mirapakay

Feb 18, 2019
Reached them on June 1. Why don't you have access to your CIC Profile? I think yours is the same scenario and if only you can check your profile, you will know if your passport is on the way or not yet.
Since I applied through an attorney, I don't have access to my CIC profile. Also, mine reached a week after yours. So, I am guessing I will be getting an update next week. But meanwhile, if you receive your passport please keep me posted.

Yesh Sondhi

Star Member
Apr 16, 2019
Since I applied through an attorney, I don't have access to my CIC profile. Also, mine reached a week after yours. So, I am guessing I will be getting an update next week. But meanwhile, if you receive your passport please keep me posted.
Got mine this afternoon. Yours should be coming soon too.