+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Experience Letter POST ITA Help!!

praikdeshmukh1987

Star Member
Sep 27, 2017
Hi Guys,

I am currently working in the USA and have prior experience in India working for major companies.
However,all of my employers have given me a basic relieving letter containing the following information

Start Date
End Date
Designation
Reason for Separation

all on company letterhead,however they dont have a format for experience letter which shows roles and responsibilities and salary offered.

Will the above format be considered submittable to CIC?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,
Pratik Deshmukh

noscaf2014

Nov 2, 2016
No, roles and responsibilities is the most important section in the experience letter.In addition, you are missing other important info. Here are IRCC's requirements:
  • a reference or experience letter from the employer, which
    • should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),
    • should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits; and

Good Luck!

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In short, no. This is not sufficient and will lead to rejection. Regarding your salary you can provide pay stubs instead.

For duties/responsibilities you will have to find someone who is willing to write those.

praikdeshmukh1987

Star Member
Sep 27, 2017
thank you so much guys for the reply..
do you think a performance review email ( generated from the company mailer would suffice)
it outlines all of my accomplishments in the projects and is auto generated by the company system.

praikdeshmukh1987

Star Member
Sep 27, 2017
Hey Guys,
Please advise will the above method work..Also which email ID in CIC do i need to email in case i need to give them this explanation?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thank you so much guys for the reply..
do you think a performance review email ( generated from the company mailer would suffice)
it outlines all of my accomplishments in the projects and is auto generated by the company system.
No, you need something that outlines your duties, ask your employer or former manager/colleagues to provide these.

praikdeshmukh1987

Star Member
Sep 27, 2017
Guys I have one more query ..can i remove the work experience for which i dont have sufficient proof for in my Post ITA form?I have about 6.5 years of experience and the work experience that i dont have proof for is for about 2.5 years that leaves me with 4 years of workexp i can prove also max points are awardedif you have more than 3 years of work exp will that work..as i was told that final PR will be calculatedon what I have shown in the Post ITA form ..Please advise ...@DelPiero07 @noscaf2014

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys I have one more query ..can i remove the work experience for which i dont have sufficient proof for in my Post ITA form?I have about 6.5 years of experience and the work experience that i dont have proof for is for about 2.5 years that leaves me with 4 years of workexp i can prove also max points are awardedif you have more than 3 years of work exp will that work..as i was told that final PR will be calculatedon what I have shown in the Post ITA form ..Please advise ...@DelPiero07 @noscaf2014
You can remove them but you have to make sure you do not accidentally make your profile ineligible for not meeting the required 67 points out of 100 under the six selection factors of the FSW program.

Bhoomika2701

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
Hi Guys,
I just received ITA and I have started collecting documents. I wanted to check you on my case here
When submitting my file for ITA, I only entered my 6 years of India experience and the rest is my Canada experience. Now after getting ITA, it is mandatory to enter the last 10 years of Work experience. This will not at all impact my points so is it essential for me to get my experience letters?
My spouse, who is secondary in my application. They are asking for his experience letters too but again the CRS score will not get impacted with his letter too. Can you suggest what to do. I was under the impression that I have to provide the evidence to prove my CRS score. Please suggest.