+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Experience Letter of work more than 10 years back

Hassan Faruq

Jul 15, 2017
Dear All,

I have a query.

Post ITA, I am now gathering documents. For experience letter more than 10 years back it is difficult to get the JD included in the experience letter since I am now based in another country and coordinating is very difficult. However for my recent work experience covering 10 years I have work experience which includes my job duties. My question is that can I submit a standard experience letter(with no Job duties) for the work experience more than 10 years back ? Do I get points for work experience more than 10 years back ? Shall I submit standard experience letter and provide explanation in the LOE ?

Regards

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Absolutely cannot claim points for work XP of older than 10 years mate.
Include the one for which you have duties written on the letter, and within the last 10 years

Hassan Faruq

Jul 15, 2017
Thank you Peacekeeper,
However since I mentioned that particular work experience in my EE file after which I got my ITA...Shall I just upload the standard experience letter without duties or do not upload any thing ? What do you suggest ? Since in the online application there is a place where it asks for an attachment confirming my work experience more than 10 years back ? Shall I keep it blank?

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Thank you Peacekeeper,
However since I mentioned that particular work experience in my EE file after which I got my ITA...Shall I just upload the standard experience letter without duties or do not upload any thing ? What do you suggest ? Since in the online application there is a place where it asks for an attachment confirming my work experience more than 10 years back ? Shall I keep it blank?
Is there a reason you’re trying to show experience more than 10 years old? No history older than 10 years is needed even in personal history section.

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Thank you Peacekeeper,
Because it won't get you any points at all and it's not needed for personal activity, as they only require going back 10 years, remove it completely.
The field will then disappear.

Hassan Faruq

Jul 15, 2017
Is there a reason you’re trying to show experience more than 10 years old? No history older than 10 years is needed even in personal history section.
Hi Cansha ,

Thanks for your reply.
Absolutely no reason. I filled all my experience since graduation. Now since the ITA has come...I am only worried that I do not want to make any material changes to the application post ITA. However it seems like I can make this change and delete the work experience as per your guidelines ?

Hassan Faruq

Jul 15, 2017
Thanks Peacekeeper

Last question and we can close this thread. So post getting ITA we can make changes such as deleting work experience more than 10 years old ?

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Thanks Peacekeeper

Last question and we can close this thread. So post getting ITA we can make changes such as deleting work experience more than 10 years old ?
Yes, you can add and remove work experiences Post ITA. However, note that if for example you remove a work experience which makes you drop you to 2 years instead of 3 years, you get less points, and therefore a recalculation will be done, and will reflect after 24-48 hours.

Work experience of more than 10 years old don't get you any points at all. Just remove it. And you don't even need to mention them in personal activity, as you're only required to show activity for the last 10 years, or since age of 18, whichever is most recent.

Cheers, all the best.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi Cansha ,

Thanks for your reply.
Absolutely no reason. I filled all my experience since graduation. Now since the ITA has come...I am only worried that I do not want to make any material changes to the application post ITA. However it seems like I can make this change and delete the work experience as per your guidelines ?
It won’t matter if work experience is more than 10 years old

Edited to correct a typo error

Last edited: