+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Experience Letter from past employers NOT containing job details

priroy

Feb 18, 2017
India
Hi All,

I have an overall work experience of 5+ years, with 4 jobs. I have managed to receive employment letters with detailed job responsibilities from 2 employers - Current (1.6 years) and previous (0.4 years). However, the other past 2 employers are not willing to give letters with job descriptions. From them, I have experience letters containing designation and duration but not responsibilities. Is there a chance that the experience of those employers will not be counted (3.5 years) for the Overall work ex - in which case it will impact my Overall CRS score (which is 436, and I received invitation in the round with cut-off 434). Please help! Time is running out!

Also, what is the better selection for a work experience of :-\ :-\ 5.5 years in the application form - "4 to 5 years" or "6 or more years"?

Thanks in advance,
Priyanka

DinahDoss

Apr 22, 2017
Hey Priyanka,

The detailed responsibilities are required since the CIC will have to compare them with the NOC that you have selected.
If your organisations are not willing to provide such letters, you may have to mention the same, by attaching their responses in the "Letter of Explanation" to let the immigration officer know that the employers are unwilling to provide the same.

However, if the immigration officer does not accept the same, you may unfortunately have to discount this experience which may reduce your FWS score (if that is the program you are applying under).

67/100 is the minimum and CRS score will not matter if the FSW score is 67.

Good Luck :)

samuelja

Star Member
Nov 22, 2015
So is it like the CRS scores are only to get an ITA?? And after that even if all the experiences are not counted (which will bring down the CRS points), its enough that the FSW points be of 67/100???

So in that case, the VO will accept the Visa Request and not reject it correct??

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
samuelja said:
So is it like the CRS scores are only to get an ITA?? And after that even if all the experiences are not counted (which will bring down the CRS points), its enough that the FSW points be of 67/100???

So in that case, the VO will accept the Visa Request and not reject it correct??
Count also, that if some of your work experience will not be accepted, you can loose transferability points as well (combination of work experience and language). So if you do not meet minimum FSW criteria or fall under CRS min. limit, your application will be rejected.

samuelja

Star Member
Nov 22, 2015
DinahDoss said:
67/100 is the minimum and CRS score will not matter if the FSW score is 67.
Hi vensak,

But DinahDoss has said that CRS score doesnt matter if the FSW score is met. So like which one is correct?

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
samuelja said:
Hi vensak,

But DinahDoss has said that CRS score doesnt matter if the FSW score is met. So like which one is correct?
Both.

CRS needs to be above your draw of selection, and FSW needs to be minimum 67 for the application you submitted. If anyone one goes down the threshold, the application will be rejected.

DinahDoss

Apr 22, 2017
@Samuelja,
As rightly mentioned by Vensak:
Your CRS needs to be above the minimum cut off for that draw. However, even if your CRSis above the minimum but your FSW is below 67/100, your application will get rejected.

Eg:
CRS cut off = 415, Your CSR = 450, Your FSW = 71; THEN YOURE GOOD TO GO
CRS cut off= 415, Your CSR= 414, THEN YOU'RE NOT ELIGIBLE TO APPLY FOR PR
CRS cut off= 415, Your CSR= 450, Your FWS= 65; THEN YOU'RE NOT NOT ELIGIBLE TO APPLY FOR PR UNDER THAT PROGRAM.

Hope this clear's it out.

Reactions: priroy

priroy

Feb 18, 2017
India
Hi All,

Thanks for your response. This is really helpful.

@Dinadoss - Thanks for this. I was not aware that the CRS and FSW scores work simultaneously. I realised that if my experience for my past two jobs (3.5 years) is not considered by the VO, then my CRS score will be impacted by 25 points, but my FSW will only be impacted by 4 points, so I will still be above 67. However, given that my ITA was in the 434 cut-off round (my score being 436), the 25 points impact will not be acceptable by CIC. Therefore, I have only two choices - either to keep pressing my previous employer for the letter (which I am already at) or decline this invitation and apply afresh and hope that I get an ITA in a lower cut-off round (hopefully 415).

jpv2212

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
Hi All,

I have an overall work experience of 5+ years, with 4 jobs. I have managed to receive employment letters with detailed job responsibilities from 2 employers - Current (1.6 years) and previous (0.4 years). However, the other past 2 employers are not willing to give letters with job descriptions. From them, I have experience letters containing designation and duration but not responsibilities. Is there a chance that the experience of those employers will not be counted (3.5 years) for the Overall work ex - in which case it will impact my Overall CRS score (which is 436, and I received invitation in the round with cut-off 434). Please help! Time is running out!

Also, what is the better selection for a work experience of :-\ :-\ 5.5 years in the application form - "4 to 5 years" or "6 or more years"?

Thanks in advance,
Priyanka
Hi,
I don't find any reason for you to decline the invitation. Here is an another suitable option for you.

If your employer doesn't provide you with a job description letter, then you don't need to worry at all.
Just ask one of your colleagues/seniors working in the same company to sign you a JD letter. You can submit this letter in your employment records with the work experience letter already provided by your employers.
One good thing about this JD letter is that there is no need to have it on an official letterhead. Just a simple paper copy will suffice.
Just ask your friend and have it from him.

For the format of JD letter, please follow
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/format-for-job-description-certificate.487385/

Hope it helps.

jpv2212

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
Also, people submit these along with other docs under employment records section.

- Pay stubs
- Income tax certificates (such as T4 Canada, or form 16 India, etc.)

These are not required by IRCC, but it helps for you as a firm evidence of your employment.

priroy

Feb 18, 2017
India
Thanks for your response. I am trying to get this letter (suggested by you) from ex-manager of one of the previous companies but I couldn't get it from one of them ( 2 years of work exp). I am thinking of writing a letter of explanation stating that they denied providing me the letter with job details. Any suggestions?

Hi,
I don't find any reason for you to decline the invitation. Here is an another suitable option for you.

If your employer doesn't provide you with a job description letter, then you don't need to worry at all.
Just ask one of your colleagues/seniors working in the same company to sign you a JD letter. You can submit this letter in your employment records with the work experience letter already provided by your employers.
One good thing about this JD letter is that there is no need to have it on an official letterhead. Just a simple paper copy will suffice.
Just ask your friend and have it from him.

For the format of JD letter, please follow
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/format-for-job-description-certificate.487385/

Hope it helps.

rickyhanzhang

Star Member
May 13, 2017
Also, people submit these along with other docs under employment records section.

- Pay stubs
- Income tax certificates (such as T4 Canada, or form 16 India, etc.)

These are not required by IRCC, but it helps for you as a firm evidence of your employment.
In my home country, companies don't usually provide employees with pay stubs or income tax certificates. Would it suffice that my recommender mentions the numbers (salary, working hours) in the recommendation letter?

jpv2212

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
Thanks for your response. I am trying to get this letter (suggested by you) from ex-manager of one of the previous companies but I couldn't get it from one of them ( 2 years of work exp). I am thinking of writing a letter of explanation stating that they denied providing me the letter with job details. Any suggestions?
There's no point to worry if your manager doesn't provide that letter.
You can ask one of your colleagues/seniors working in that company to sign you a JD letter. You can submit it in your profile.
The format for the same is I've given in the previous posts.

jpv2212

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
In my home country, companies don't usually provide employees with pay stubs or income tax certificates. Would it suffice that my recommender mentions the numbers (salary, working hours) in the recommendation letter?
If you don't get pay stubs or IT certificate, then you should mention them in your JD letter. It's fine.