+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Experience Letter format

apara

Feb 10, 2015
Hi All,
I am from India and work in the IT sector. The experience letter that is provided from our company when we resign does not have the roles and responsibilities mentioned (just the designation, dates employed is given) nor the number of hours worked per week.
Does anyone have any idea whether this kind of experience letter is mandatory or the one that is provided from my company will also work?

Please share your thoughts on this..

Thanks!

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
The reason for this letter is to prove you have performed the duties of the NOC. You will need to get a more detailed description if you are to satisfy CIC. Write or email them and request letter. If they refuse at least you have proof you tried. Start thinking of anyone else in supervisory role who can vouch for you.

keerthikumaraavula

Star Member
Mar 31, 2015
HYderabad
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
If you are stating you have experience for the listed occupational list, then you need to provide reference letter (given by employer on letter head) that includes all your responsibilities (main duties reflect like the one included in individual occupational list), tenure of service, designation, salary component.

Template FYI

To Whom So Ever It May Concern

This is to certify that Mr/Ms. ----------- worked in our organization during the period of ------------ to, he/she joined as a --------- in ------- Department and at the time of relieving his designation was ---------.

Listed below are his key roles and responsibilities:
 ----
 ----
Details of his/her milestones achieved.

Mr/Ms. ----------------- has shown the kind of initiative, which is necessary to be successful over the long-term in our Organization. He/she has excellent skills, yet remains focused on the overall needs of the duties/research. He/she is a conscientious -------/researcher and has an excellent work ethics.

This is also to confirm that he/she was earning a gross salary of Rs/- ------------ per Annum. His/her salary has paid by direct bank account credit. Working hours are ----- hours per week.

I recommend ----------------, to you without reservation and with confidence refer him/her for ------. If you have any further questions with regard to his/her background, please do not hesitate to call me on -------------- e-mail me at ------------------------.
This certificate has been issued on specific request of employee.

Sincerely,

Name: -
Designation:

apara

Feb 10, 2015
Thanks all!
I am new to this forum and still dont know how to give a +1 :)

Moreover,
1. do you have any idea whether we need these reference letters for all the companies that one has worked for or any 1-2 will do?
Thinking of how many to contact from my previous organizations (4) :eek:

2. Also, will it be a problem if it is not on Company letterhead?

hardi

Apr 25, 2014
@Apara,

1.0 If you want to show your entire work experience from start till present, and I believe you should for fetching points, then yes it is required. Just get in touch with colleague from previous employer and get it done.

2.0 Absolutely, CIC would not consider your work experience if not on respective Company letterhead.

We all know its a bit headache to get it done, but nevertheless 'job needs to be done'.

Best wishes.......

Regards
Hardi

apara

Feb 10, 2015
Thanks Hardi!

Its freaking me out thinking how to get it done..what if they do not agree or are unable to give it on Company letterhead ..*fingers crossed*

kakmam

Star Member
Mar 31, 2015
One of my friends was working with one of college as lecturer and getting salary in form of cheques
We have made affidavits explaining all her roles and responsibilities . wil that be ok as we dont have any docuements explaining roles and responsibilities ???

kakmam

Star Member
Mar 31, 2015
One of my friends was working with one of college as lecturer and getting salary in form of cheques
We have made affidavits explaining all her roles and responsibilities . wil that be ok as we dont have any docuements explaining roles and responsibilities

kakmam

Star Member
Mar 31, 2015
kakmam said:
We have made affidavits explaining all her roles and responsibilities . wil that be ok as we dont have any docuements explaining roles and responsibilities
please suggest

SMCANADAVISA

Oct 21, 2014
apara said:
Hi All,
I am from India and work in the IT sector. The experience letter that is provided from our company when we resign does not have the roles and responsibilities mentioned (just the designation, dates employed is given) nor the number of hours worked per week.
Does anyone have any idea whether this kind of experience letter is mandatory or the one that is provided from my company will also work?

Please share your thoughts on this..

Thanks!
@apara: here's from my experience. I was also employed with an Indian IT major who has a basic letter format done. They call it a skill certificate and just lets the applicant include the job responsibilities (not more than three). And then they mention at the bottom that the content is not their responsibility but only of the applicant's.
There's another employer of mine who accepted the format I provided them with detailed list of job responsibilities, total number of hours worked per week etc. Very flexible I would say.

So what I am driving at is that it varies according to organization's HR policies. Ofcourse you can suggest your preferred format and then see what they say. Good Luck !

samvcanada

May 4, 2016
I have experience from 2012 to 2016 running my own IT company. Basically I am the proprietor of my company. How do I prepare an experience letter and self authorize it?

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
samvcanada said:
I have experience from 2012 to 2016 running my own IT company. Basically I am the proprietor of my company. How do I prepare an experience letter and self authorize it?
If you are or have been self-employed, provide copies of all the following documentation for periods of self-employment, if available:
 Business/company registration documents;
 Proof of business conducted with clients (i.e., invoices, bills, and client references);
 Balance sheets;
 Income tax returns;
 T4A Statements (if self-employed in Canada)

Nov 30, 2016
I have 9+ years of experience in 4 companies (including my current company).

• I had to terminate my employment in my first company as they were not ready to relieve me early. So i have a termination letter from them showing the dates. Can i show the offer letter and the termination letter in this case along with the Payslips. Note: the company doesn’t exist anymore.

• Can I submit, my relieving letter and the last hike letter from the company along with the offer letter. Or should i contact all my previous companies once again and get a detailed letter, as I am not in good terms with my 2nd company. And i am not sure if they will be providing me the reference letter

• I am applying for express entry myself and not through my current company. How am i suppose to get a experience letter from them without them knowing that i am applying for PR in Canada.

• Should my wife also provide these experience proofs when applying

• Can someone provide formats of the letter that is expected to be provided by the employers. Just for reference

Toki

Oct 24, 2016
Abu Dhabi
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4 Oct 2016
Doc's Request.
1 Dec 2016
Nomination.....
Hoping
AOR Received.
Hoping
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
File Transfer...
Hoping
Med's Request
Hoping
Med's Done....
Hoping
Interview........
Hoping
Passport Req..
Hoping
VISA ISSUED...
Hoping
LANDED..........
Hoping
Dated: Date

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

This is to certify that XYZ, a ABC National, has been working Full time (50 hours per week) at XYZ COMPANY on the post of JOB TITLE from ___________ to date. During his service, he has been carrying out the following duties:

1. Duty – 1
2. Duty – 2
3. Duty – 3
4. Duty – 4
5. Duty – 5
6. Duty – 6
7. Duty – 7
8. Duty – 8

His monthly income is $000000/- (approx.) which becomes more than $00000000 Annually.

CIC Instructions –

As a general rule, reference letters:

1. must be issued with a date
2. the specific period of your employment with the company
3. the position(s) you have held during the period of employment and the time spent in each position
4. your main responsibilities in each position
5. if possible, your total annual salary
6. signed by a supervisory officer at the place of employment.
7. Be on original company’s letterhead,
8. showing the company’s full address,contact details, and be stamped with the company’s official seal