+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Experience letter alternative H1-B papers

newtocanada2017

Star Member
Aug 4, 2017
Hello,

I am working in US on H1-B for last 7 years. The Green card process is way too slow and I am planning to move to Canada.

My employer provides Employment Verification letter in standard format with just letter of joining, current position and salary information. I work at client location alone.

My manager in India is not willing to provide letter of job duties verification.

I do have my H1-B papers which includes
1) Letter from HR to US Immigration with details of my duties/employment hours as well as job duties dated April-2016 for employment period 2016 to 2019.
2) I also have similar letters to US Immigration for previous period.
3) I do have my H1-B petitions
4) I also have letter from my Client describing my job-title / job duties and metioning my employer is responsible for my salary.

Will this work instead of a details Letter of Employment verification?

Please help.

dora115

Star Member
Jul 7, 2017
Hello,

I am working in US on H1-B for last 7 years. The Green card process is way too slow and I am planning to move to Canada.

My employer provides Employment Verification letter in standard format with just letter of joining, current position and salary information. I work at client location alone.

My manager in India is not willing to provide letter of job duties verification.

I do have my H1-B papers which includes
1) Letter from HR to US Immigration with details of my duties/employment hours as well as job duties dated April-2016 for employment period 2016 to 2019.
2) I also have similar letters to US Immigration for previous period.
3) I do have my H1-B petitions
4) I also have letter from my Client describing my job-title / job duties and metioning my employer is responsible for my salary.

Will this work instead of a details Letter of Employment verification?

Please help.
You can get reference letter from your team lead/ supervisor or any manager in a regular paper as per cic format and mention it in your LOE that you could not get it due to company policy in company letterhead and attach all the supporting documents you have for their consideration.

Reactions: newtocanada2017

karaneshan

Nov 15, 2017
You can get reference letter from your team lead/ supervisor or any manager in a regular paper as per cic format and mention it in your LOE that you could not get it due to company policy in company letterhead and attach all the supporting documents you have for their consideration.
Hi,

Can you please share the reference letter format of CIC URL and LOE forum link.

Appreciate your help on this.

dora115

Star Member
Jul 7, 2017
Hi,

Can you please share the reference letter format of CIC URL and LOE forum link.

Appreciate your help on this.
You can check the roles and responsibilities based on your noc , http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/noc.asp , just try to closely match with your noc, you can check this link for sample format http://www.fsw2014.info/sample-reference-letter/ , you can find links and discussion regarding LOE here https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/letter-of-explanation-samples-its-discussion-related-thread.411170/

Reactions: ash13