+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Experience in 2 occupations so can I have 2 express entry profiles?

wan11knu

Jan 27, 2017
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Hi All

In the past 8 years I have experience as a Sales person for 3 years and more recently my experience has been in recruitment (2 years).

Can I have 2 express entry profiles with different NOC's?

I appreciate your views.

Thanks!

romeo2529

Star Member
Jun 18, 2016
No. Single profile is sufficient.

You can input multiple NOCs in a single profile; only the primary NOC, for which you want to consider for jobs (either sales or recruitment) and application will be used to calculate your score. So your 3 years sales NOC will fetch you higher points than 2 years recruitment ( assuming either both of them are in Canada or none) since no. of experience in a NOC counts for scoring.
But you can always apply in the field you wish...multiple NOCs wont matter

wan11knu

Jan 27, 2017
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Thanks, romeo2529 for your view.

While I do agree that my sales experience of 3+ years will fetch me more points than my 2 years of recruitment experience,my pain point is that my sales experience has been primarily from 2009 to 2011 (full years) post that I pursued my Master's degree and then again got into a sales role from April 2013 to Aug 2014.

I made a career change in September 2014 into recruitment and have been into recruitment since then.

So while CIC defines primary occupations as what you have been doing in the past 5 years I am seriously confused on what I should mention coz in the past 5 years it has been both but till now my sales experience is more than my recruitment experience.

I also don't know that if I only mention my sales role as my primary occupation just to get the additional points will that mean that I can only apply for sales jobs assuming I'm lucky to get the invite and go to Canada? Although I want to continue my career in recruitment.

I would like some more opinion on what you guys think.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Use the sales experience as it will get you more points at the moment. If your score reaches 447, great, you will get an ITA today.

You can work in any occupation you qualify for once you land.

MTN

Mar 10, 2018
Hi, I have a similar case. I have 3 years exp in HR after my bachelors, then an MBA and then 1 year exp in marketing/sales and i was confused if it matters if multiple NOCs are of different fields. Considering you have gone thru the process, can you guide me if multiple NOCs of different fields matter or not ?

BEA78

Star Member
Aug 9, 2016
Mexico City
Category........
FSW
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Thanks, romeo2529 for your view.

While I do agree that my sales experience of 3+ years will fetch me more points than my 2 years of recruitment experience,my pain point is that my sales experience has been primarily from 2009 to 2011 (full years) post that I pursued my Master's degree and then again got into a sales role from April 2013 to Aug 2014.

I made a career change in September 2014 into recruitment and have been into recruitment since then.

So while CIC defines primary occupations as what you have been doing in the past 5 years I am seriously confused on what I should mention coz in the past 5 years it has been both but till now my sales experience is more than my recruitment experience.

I also don't know that if I only mention my sales role as my primary occupation just to get the additional points will that mean that I can only apply for sales jobs assuming I'm lucky to get the invite and go to Canada? Although I want to continue my career in recruitment.

I would like some more opinion on what you guys think.
Senior members can correct me if I'm wrong but from what I understand, the job offer has to match the primary NOC ONLY if you're using that valid job offer to get points in express entry. If not, once you get PR and land in Canada you can work in whatever you want, related or not to your previous experience.

Also you cannot have 2 active express entry profiles at the same time.

Reactions: Vikram_kumar123

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, I have a similar case. I have 3 years exp in HR after my bachelors, then an MBA and then 1 year exp in marketing/sales and i was confused if it matters if multiple NOCs are of different fields. Considering you have gone thru the process, can you guide me if multiple NOCs of different fields matter or not ?
No issue.

rabikdor

Star Member
Mar 11, 2018
Hello,

Just a quick clarification:

I have experience in two different jobs in Canada. If I want to create an EE profile am I allowed to show work experience selectively that I would like to put in my profile or I have to put everything? As I understood one profile is sufficient, but I do not want to show my first work experience in the profile and claim my points using only the second work experience, which is current and up to date. Thank you for your response.

najma butool

Feb 6, 2019
hi i najma from india. i am a register pharmacist and having 1 year of experience in pharmacy noc code 3131 skilled A...while i was studying pharmacy i have done part time job as administrative assistant for 2 years which has different noc code.so can i apply two different noc code on express entry profile so that over i will have 3 years of experience and could gain points in Crs score plz reply waiting for answer

Dinnie Raj

Jun 18, 2020
Hai,
Im also having similar problem regarding 2 different job catagories. I hv 1 1/2 years experience in mechanical field and 03 + years in Aeronautical Information field(which I couldnt find a proper NOC. Just 2 job duties match with Air Traffic Controller Catagory 2272 ). What can I do? If I select mechanical i might loose quite lot score. And Is there any chance for me to apply through Air Traffic Controller catagory which has only 2 duties matching to my current job. Pls gv ur feed back....

WiseCynic

Feb 12, 2017
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
guys, it's one profile per person, doesn't matter if you have two NOCs or whatever.

Vikram_kumar123

Feb 24, 2020
Senior members can correct me if I'm wrong but from what I understand, the job offer has to match the primary NOC ONLY if you're using that valid job offer to get points in express entry. If not, once you get PR and land in Canada you can work in whatever you want, related or not to your previous experience.

Also you cannot have 2 active express entry profiles at the same time.
Hi BEA78,

Could we create a new profile while other one is in progress (MEP/BIL done), as I am not 100% confident first one will be approved; because, job offer is not in company letter head ?
Thank you