+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Experience claimed

affan_123

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
I have more than 10 years of experience, I am not the primary applicant but my wife is. Will I still be required to submit an experience letter if I receive an Invitation to Apply (ITA)? If so, is it possible to present the past 3 years of experience in the prescribed format only?

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
I have more than 10 years of experience, I am not the primary applicant but my wife is. Will I still be required to submit an experience letter if I receive an Invitation to Apply (ITA)? If so, is it possible to present the past 3 years of experience in the prescribed format only?
If you are an EE FSW dependent, list your work history under personal history section. You won't need to add any of your documentation that way. I did the same for my spouse's work exp too.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
If you did the same, can you share for experience letter format? My spouse is a doctor she will also have to follow the same format?
Not sure what you are asking. When you list your experience under "Personal history", you won't need any document. So, no format is required.

Unless the dependent claimed any points, personal history is a good option.

sean468

Mar 10, 2022
Calgary
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
28-11-2022
Nomination.....
23-11-2022
AOR Received.
28-11-2022
Med's Request
17-05-2023
Med's Done....
17-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2023
LANDED..........
22-06-2023
General Rule of Thumb

If you're claiming points for your CRS, you need to list those work duties under Work History - you WILL need employment reference letters, duties statements etc.

If you're not claiming points for your CRS, you list them under personal history - you won't need additional documents,employment reference letters etc

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
General Rule of Thumb

If you're claiming points for your CRS, you need to list those work duties under Work History - you WILL need employment reference letters, duties statements etc.

If you're not claiming points for your CRS, you list them under personal history - you won't need additional documents,employment reference letters etc
To add, I think dependents' work experience adds to CRS only if it is within Canada.

Reactions: sean468

affan_123

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
I dont see any option of personal history where i can place my experience. Can anyone guide me please?

alsoi have 10+ years of experience and have worked 6 companies and its hard to get reference letter from past companies. What leverage i have is to get from my current employer where i have completed 4 years. So can i just mention my current employment experience only? If yes how much points i will gain in crs? Keeping in mind m spouse and not primary applicant

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
I dont see any option of personal history where i can place my experience. Can anyone guide me please?

alsoi have 10+ years of experience and have worked 6 companies and its hard to get reference letter from past companies. What leverage i have is to get from my current employer where i have completed 4 years. So can i just mention my current employment experience only? If yes how much points i will gain in crs? Keeping in mind m spouse and not primary applicant
IIRC, you'll be able to add personal history post ITA. About getting employment letters - you don't need a leverage, just talk to them.

>So can i just mention my current employment experience only? If yes how much points i will gain in crs? Keeping in mind m spouse and not primary applicant
About this, you are asking very basic questions, use this tool to calculate CRS as none of us can do that for you: https://ircc.canada.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

batalaBatala

Jan 21, 2020
Hello, i have worked for 1.5 years continuous 40 hrs/ w for one employer under same noc but for one week i have worked 20 hrs. So am i eligible to meet the mec for FSW?

Start date - 25 January 2021 end date 03 july 2022. At last week of the year 2021
i worked 20hrs

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Hello, i have worked for 1.5 years continuous 40 hrs/ w for one employer under same noc but for one week i have worked 20 hrs. So am i eligible to meet the mec for FSW?

Start date - 25 January 2021 end date 03 july 2022. At last week of the year 2021
i worked 20hrs
It depends whether you meet CRS cutoff for the draw you got invited under. MEC won't come into picture till you get an ITA. EE eligibility of 67 points is not the same as MEC.

batalaBatala

Jan 21, 2020
Thanks for replying. My question is do i fullfill the condition of continuous work experience of one year which is mandatory for the Fsw ? If i have worked less than 30 hrs for one week.

affan_123

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
What about pay slips? If the experience letter mentions the annual salary does ircc requires pay slips as well post ITA? And if pay slips are not available what happens then? Will they reject the case?