Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
With application
IELTS Request
With application
Med's Request
INSHALLAH SOON
Hi good luck to every body.I have visited that forum and useful information shared by the member compelled me to be a part of you to help and get help in canada immigration matters because we always do not find requird information from the immigration websites becoa they always make it ambigious and unclear as most of the peple still are confused regrading their education and experience.
I have couple of inqiuries if some one share for the guidance of all the members:

1-My qualification is masters in Human Resource Management and my work experience is in mulitples discilpines as social worker and hotel management and human resource management,may my work experience in social work or hotel management be accepted with masters dgree in HR.
2-I just finished my MBA from the UK will I get points for this education as my experience is before that degree.So what is the exact criteria for awarding numbers for education they will only consider my previous degree as my all experience is based on that degree or they will give me points for MBA from uk and experience which I have had before that MBA.
Please let us all inform becoz most of us have same confusion
best regards

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aami786pk said:
Hi good luck to every body.
1-My qualification is masters in Human Resource Management and my work experience is in mulitples discilpines
2-I just finished my MBA from the UK will I get points for this
Please let us all inform becoz most of us have same confusion
best regards
Hi,

aami786pk

1. For Master you will get 22 points (if it is 16 years study)
2. MBA and Master in HRM will be considered the same points (regard less to university or country of study – same points)
3. For experience maximum 21 points see the table in link below
4. If you are qualifying in any NOC with education of Master in HR so calculate your experience before MBA, and MBA can be additional supportive degree. Because you will lose point for your experiences

See the two examples below:
Award yourself points based on the number of years of study.

Example 1: If you have a Master's degree but have completed only 16 years of full time study, award yourself 22 points.
Example 2: If you have a four year Bachelor's degree and have completed 14 or more years of study, award yourself 20 points.

Master’s or PhD AND at least 17 years of full-time or full-time equivalent study = 25

Two or more university degrees at the Bachelor’s level AND at least 15 years of full-time or full-time equivalent study = 22

A three-year diploma, trade certificate or apprenticeship AND at least 15 years of full-time or full-time equivalent study = 22

A university degree of two years or more at the Bachelor’s level, AND at least 14 years of full-time or full-time equivalent study = 20

A two-year diploma, trade certificate or apprenticeship AND at least 14 years of full-time or full-time equivalent study = 20

Experience Maximum 21 points

1 year 15
2 years 17
3 years 19
4 years 21

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/EG72.asp

Hope that helps

hmisabpk

ali786leo

Star Member
Jun 23, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hismapk

I will correct you one thing experience and education is two different things

if he has 17 years of education with master degree he will get 25 points
and if his experience in multipe NOC whether it is related with edu or not and JDS matches he will be awarded that points for experience.
Read OP6
ot take into account whether the applicant meets the “Employment requirements” description
set forth in the NOC for the occupation(s) listed (R80(3))

have done a master degree in computer science from uk and now working as electromechical supervisor in saudi arabia it all that your JDs matches the NOC your are applying.

Hi,

aami786pk

1. For Master you will get 22 points (if it is 16 years study)
2. MBA and Master in HRM will be considered the same points (regard less to university or country of study – same points)
3. For experience maximum 21 points see the table in link below
4. If you are qualifying in any NOC with education of Master in HR so calculate your experience before MBA, and MBA can be additional supportive degree. Because you will lose point for your experiences

See the two examples below:
Award yourself points based on the number of years of study.

Example 1: If you have a Master's degree but have completed only 16 years of full time study, award yourself 22 points.
Example 2: If you have a four year Bachelor's degree and have completed 14 or more years of study, award yourself 20 points.

Master's or PhD AND at least 17 years of full-time or full-time equivalent study = 25

Two or more university degrees at the Bachelor's level AND at least 15 years of full-time or full-time equivalent study = 22

A three-year diploma, trade certificate or apprenticeship AND at least 15 years of full-time or full-time equivalent study = 22

A university degree of two years or more at the Bachelor's level, AND at least 14 years of full-time or full-time equivalent study = 20

A two-year diploma, trade certificate or apprenticeship AND at least 14 years of full-time or full-time equivalent study = 20

1 year 15
2 years 17
3 years 19
4 years 21

Hope that helps

hmisabpk

[/quote]

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ali786leo said:
hismapk
I will correct you one thing ... you are applying.
Master's or PhD AND at least 17 years of full-time or full-time equivalent study = 25
4 years 21
Hope that helps
hmisabpk
Hi, ali
Thanks to add important ref:
I have seen it, and same in the reply, but question # 2 "I just finished my MBA from the UK will I get points for this" That will not make any deference in points. Of course if master + 17 yrs exp will be awarded 25 points. I hope if he gets 25 points in HR edu with exp it would be great, if less exp then 22.

hmisabpk

aami786pk

Oct 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
With application
IELTS Request
With application
Med's Request
INSHALLAH SOON
Thank you very much my brothers I need more clarification I think education and experience might be two different things but we would look for any member who had same situation and applied for immigration so he she might better be able to guide us.Olz any one in this forum who have experienced same situation may come fprward and resolve our confusion.

jennermb

Oct 30, 2011
I have also the same question. My educational background is under NOC 3131 (Pharmacists) but my WORK EXPERIENCE is under NOC 2121 (Biologists and Related Scientists). Will I still get points for my experience considering my educational background?

One immigration agency I consulted said that "I needed at years 10yrs experience because my educational background didn't match my experience".

BTW, I am based in the Philippines.

For those who know something pls share.

ali786leo

Star Member
Jun 23, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
you can read OP6 that cleary mention

not take into account whether the applicant meets the “Employment requirements” description
set forth in the NOC for the occupation(s) listed (R80(3));

Read OP6

Thank you very much my brothers I need more clarification I think education and experience might be two different things but we would look for any member who had same situation and applied for immigration so he she might better be able to guide us.Olz any one in this forum who have experienced same situation may come fprward and resolve our confusion.

[/quote]