+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Expedited Policy - Egyptian Inquiry

Duke-Berith

Feb 2, 2017
Saudi Arabia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,
I am an Egyptian living in Saudi Arabia as a sponsored worker.
According to Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada has designated claims for refugee protection from Afghanistan, Burundi, Egypt, and Yemen as eligible for processing under the Policy on the Expedited Processing of Refugee Claims by the Refugee Protection Division.

Does that mean my chances are high If I resigned my job, land in Canada with a visit visa and apply for asylum?
Should I take this risk and does the fact that I can support my stay there helps?

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
It means that if they feel you are a genuine refugee from one of the designated countries they "may" expedite the processing of your claim. Doesn't necessarily improve your being accepted as a refugee.

Reactions: Duke-Berith

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Still means you would need a 100 percent watertight case to be accepted as a refugee, for example being persecuted in your home country and not for example being persecuted in your temporary residence of Saudi. With respect seems from previous posts you are looking at every which way to immigrate but proof of a case from Eygpt would be key anyway and never any guarantee will be successful so you would need to have a good case before giving everything up. Maybe consult an immigration lawyer, good luck anyway

Reactions: Duke-Berith

Duke-Berith

Feb 2, 2017
Saudi Arabia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Still means you would need a 100 percent watertight case to be accepted as a refugee, for example being persecuted in your home conumber untry and not for example being persecuted in your temporary residence of Saudi. With respect seems from previous posts you are looking at every which way to immigrate but proof of a case from Eygpt would be key anyway and never any guarantee will be successful so you would need to have a good case before giving everything up. Maybe consult an immigration lawyer, good luck anyway
Yea, that's true. I am working every angle to leave Egypt for good. I don't believe it is safe to live there anymore. Thanks for your reply

Lasso

Aug 15, 2016
Yea, that's true. I am working every angle to leave Egypt for good. I don't believe it is safe to live there anymore. Thanks for your reply
Keep working until you find some loopholes in the refugee asylum system like many others.
Good luck

Duke-Berith

Feb 2, 2017
Saudi Arabia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Keep working until you find some loopholes in the refugee asylum system like many others.
Good luck
Thanks, after reading more about it I'll probably stick with the EE, as u said earlier. Maybe one of the next draws will bring good news, hopefully.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Any news guys?

You have to be patient. There is a huge backlog when it comes to refugee processing. You entered Canada in August 2017 which is not that long ago. Anticipate that this could take over a year and if you get called earlier it will be a nice surprise.

Reactions: vetman