+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Expected Processing Time

SimonD

Feb 6, 2008
I know this new immigration class only started today, but I am wondering if anyone has any clue as to what the processing times will be like?

Will this class be processed within its own time schedule or will it queue up along with skilled worker applications etc? Most Canadian Experience Class applications will go through Buffalo, isn't that office quite busy already?

I guess I'm interested in knowing if it the processing time will be similar to skilled worker applications (16-25 months) or closer to Provincial Nominee Applications (5-8 months), so I can decide whether to proceed with a PNP application or go with Canadian Experience Class instead.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Temporary skilled workers who spent at least 2 years in Canada and skilled graduates of Canadian universites who took at least a 2 year program + worked for at least a year afterwards as a skilled worker. You still qualify to apply for up to a year after you leave Canada.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/index.asp

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CEC just opened last month so there is absolutely no data available for processing time.

Oct 21, 2008
Seems to be very quick Simon.

You can follow up on CEC application times on the website below:

http://www.trackitt.com/canada-immigration-trackers/canadian-experience-class/

Good luck.

dave373

Sep 22, 2008
File date Oct 7
AOR received Oct 20, with interview waiver. etc..

Does it mean we can get PR within 1 month of date of application?? That's faster than the process of work permit!!

Am I correct?

don1234

Nov 3, 2008
I know of a colleague of mine who has received an AOR dated 14th October under the CEC class and the letter states that his application is put in queue and would be processed based on the date on which it is received.

In another thead I noticed a person receiving an AOR as of same date and he has recd his IA/ME letter but it has not come for my friend. Is there any way in which we could track the status of his application?

Tessi

Nov 28, 2008
Hello, does this canadian experience class (CEC) status only applies to those already in Canada or what are the requirements or criterias for being under the CEC? Pls advice.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tessi said:
Hello, does this canadian experience class (CEC) status only applies to those already in Canada or what are the requirements or criterias for being under the CEC? Pls advice.
You can see the requirements here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/apply-who.asp but yes, you have to have already been working in Canada and either still be in Canada or have left Canada less than a year before you apply.

menezesm

Dec 6, 2008
Hey, i can give you an approximate time length as i actually already applied. I submitted my applicaiton on October 22nd, they started processing it on November 4 2008 then they sent me approval for my medicals and directions on how to pay for my right of permanent residence fee on November 13 2008. I completed the medical and paid everything on Dec 3 2008 and now i'm basically waiting for a final decision. It seems like the inital steps take a lot less time compared to the Skilled worker application as some of my friends that applied a year ago are STILL waiting for approval for their medicals.

Thanks and hope this helps! i'm sure you've already made your decision by now but i would definitely go for the CEC as its a pilot project and most people will be admitted the first round. As the years go by they become stricter with the processing---this is just from experience with visa and immigraiton offices....

Take care

ninaz24

Sep 13, 2008
any idea on the processing times in other centers other than buffalo or does it all take more or less the same amt of time?

Oct 21, 2008
nina24 - did your status in Canada expire or something? If it did, fyi you have 90 days after the expiry to apply to reinstate your status.....for e.g you can change to a work permit or student permit.

There are currently not many examples of CEC cases being dealt at offices other than Buffalo but I would think the speed would be nearly the same as there is a quota of 10,000 CEC visas for 2008 and so far less than 1,000 people seem to have applied under this Class.