Exit stamp is missing

wcikkk

Star Member
Nov 24, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

I just noticed from my passports that I have no exit stamp from Canadian border.

Is it normal that they don't stamp when we go out of Canada?

I only made three trips during last four years, but none of my stamps are exit. I only got stamped when I entered Canada.

The thing is my home country does not provide entry stamp. They only stamp when I exit country, which is completely opposite to Canada.

That means passport stamp can prove entries to Canada but it does not prove when I exit Canada (No exit stamp in Canada, No entry stamp in Home Country)

How could this prove that I meed residential requirement?

Kitsilano

Star Member
May 3, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You don't need a exit, enter stamp on your hc passport.
You can request CBSA record.
The question has been answered couple of times.
Check old topics.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
canada does not stamp exits. They just monitor entries and if you come to canada and go to automatic kiosks at the airport and scan your pr card then they don't stamp your passport. During land entries they scan PR card and usually don't stamp passport. If the airport does not have automatic kiosk then you will get stamped at the entry.

Munchenxx

Jun 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kitsilano said:
You don't need a exit, enter stamp on your hc passport.
You can request CBSA record.
The question has been answered couple of times.
Check old topics.
CBSA records are not that precise neither.
For me, the CBSA report missed totally my trip to US by land.. Called them but there is not much can be done .
Bureaucracy is the theme of this government.

wcikkk

Star Member
Nov 24, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If CBSA is not accurate, how CIC confirms residential requirement exactly?

Do they have any other source?

canadianhabib

Nov 7, 2014
Hi Wcikkk,

Well you question is exactly what I have been looking for.
I traveled 10 trips and 3 entry is missing and only proof I have is exit from home country and thats what I am counting on and from what I understand canada does not record exit

aed

Oct 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wcikkk said:
Hi all,

I just noticed from my passports that I have no exit stamp from Canadian border.

Is it normal that they don't stamp when we go out of Canada?

I only made three trips during last four years, but none of my stamps are exit. I only got stamped when I entered Canada.

The thing is my home country does not provide entry stamp. They only stamp when I exit country, which is completely opposite to Canada.

That means passport stamp can prove entries to Canada but it does not prove when I exit Canada (No exit stamp in Canada, No entry stamp in Home Country)

How could this prove that I meed residential requirement?
I was in the same situation. I printed my etickets, but was never asked for them. There was no problem.

DAN11

Star Member
Nov 22, 2014
Not all the time they stamp the passport - the only swipe the passport/PR so I dont know why these people looking for stamp in passport and creating more problems for us.

Hamda Arif S

May 28, 2020
Hello, if entry stamp is missing from your home country when you enter in your country, would it create any problem in immigration process ?

shazahsan

May 17, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Hello, if entry stamp is missing from your home country when you enter in your country, would it create any problem in immigration process ?
No, not necessarily, unless you are asked for additional information through a residence questionnaire to prove residency requirements, in which case it may be a challenge to prove without a stamp supporting it.
But for normal routine applications, it shouldn't be a big deal.