+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Existing application in GC KEY but want to reapply via new portal

Abrarrkhan1986

Star Member
Jun 4, 2022
I applied via gc key in April. No news yet.
My application is active butu want to reapply via new portal.
Is it a good idea? Will both be rejected?
Should I go with new application without cancelling previous?

MJenish

Feb 26, 2019
Yes, they say within 15-30 days you will get result but I have seen many people who are waiting since Jan.

So it's totally based on luck, I would say.

I have applied for a Visitor visa for my Spouse from India on May-13 using new portal (IRCC Portal). And below is my timeline,

Application - 13 May, 2022
Biometric Instruction Letter - 14 May, 2022
Biometrics given & updated - 18 May, 2022
Now waiting for further update...

I am thinking to reapply on the same new portal after passing 30 days criteria.

Abrarrkhan1986

Star Member
Jun 4, 2022
Yes, they say within 15-30 days you will get result but I have seen many people who are waiting since Jan.

So it's totally based on luck, I would say.

I have applied for a Visitor visa for my Spouse from India on May-13 using new portal (IRCC Portal). And below is my timeline,

Application - 13 May, 2022
Biometric Instruction Letter - 14 May, 2022
Biometrics given & updated - 18 May, 2022
Now waiting for further update...

I am thinking to reapply on the same new portal after passing 30 days criteria.
I wish you the best of luck.

My original application is done via GC key.
You are saying, if I apply now via new portal, my GC key application will be withdrawn?

MJenish

Feb 26, 2019
Thank you, and best of luck to you as well.

Yes, your GC key application will be withdrawn automatically after a few days once you make a subsequent application.

Ajayreddy0815

Jun 6, 2022
My Gc key has been revoked and I created a new Gc key and I am trying to attach my old applications but it’s showing application does not exist and I applied for my work permit 10 days back. Anyone help me out and I raised a web form too

dockerhooman

Aug 5, 2021
Thank you, and best of luck to you as well.

Yes, your GC key application will be withdrawn automatically after a few days once you make a subsequent application.
I've applied through GCKey in the end of March 2022 and since there were no updates I've re-applied through new portal in the middle of May 2022. Both applications are still in progress - i.e. the GCKey one was not withdrawn yet

Abrarrkhan1986

Star Member
Jun 4, 2022
I've applied through GCKey in the end of March 2022 and since there were no updates I've re-applied through new portal in the middle of May 2022. Both applications are still in progress - i.e. the GCKey one was not withdrawn yet
Do you advice I do the same?
I'm getting anxious

Jyaro1

Apr 18, 2019
But this portal has faster process time right?

Old portal seems slow. I'm stuck since April 2022. What's your timeline /situation?
I have applied through new portal in April'2022 and still waiting on the progress. So, it's completely based on luck and application.