Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
I'm in Family Reunification class but I thought I'd post some exerts from the latest annual report. There are only 3 investigation reports under MIDI (now MIFI). If you find yourself waiting for a long time, I'd advise to send a comment/complaint to the ombudsman, whether the Quebec one or the MIFI one. We write a lot here but they should be held accountable. I am more familiar with the Family threads of the forum so I'm not sure about the other immigration class in Quebec. Anyway, the more that contact them, the better. They should be more transparent about delays. This covid 19 situation should not be an excuse to delay as much as they could. From what I read, MP cant do much so it's better to direct concerns to the ombudsman.

https://protecteurducitoyen.qc.ca/sites/default/files/pdf/rapports_annuels/quebec-ombudsman-2018-2019-annual-report.pdf

Put yourself in their shoes

The Québec Ombudsman’s 2018-2019 Annual Report paints a disturbing picture of cases in which government programs exclude some of the people for whom they are intended. Our investigations show that in planning or applying certain programs, the authorities do not make a habit of walking through the process that citizens must navigate in order to obtain the services they need. Given the obstacles in gaining access to programs and in all subsequent steps, people may have to fend for themselves.
In another vein, major corrections must be made to immigration procedures that leave thousands of applicants without feedback pending an answer from the Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Diversité et de l’Inclusion. Among other complaints, the Québec Ombudsman handled one from a candidate who had been waiting to hear the outcome of her application for more than seven years.
These shortcomings are even more glaring and deplorable because they contrast with the practices of other public service sectors where thought is given to the red tape which citizens must untangle. Special care is taken to simplify processes, to earmark resources for assisting the client population, and to achieve results that are generally to service users’ satisfaction. This concern of some public bodies should become the standard. In other words, public bodies must always take the trouble to go over the sequence of their programs’ conditions and requirements. To do otherwise especially affects society’s most disadvantaged citizens.
This year, an increase in substantiated complaints was noted concerning mainly the Commission des normes, de l’équité, de la santé et de la sécurité du travail, the Curateur public, the Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Diversité et de l’Inclusion, the Ministère de la Sécurité publique, the Ministère du Travail, de l’Emploi et de la Solidarité sociale and the Régie du bâtiment du Québec.

Reactions: PetersAdrian