+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

exclusion order

punkinspice

Oct 10, 2011
Hi my name is Jennifer I really don't know where to begin. I was entering Canada July 8th 2010 with my Canadian Daughter who is 18 months and my husband I was bring my two american children with me to visit me in canada for the summer and on there court papers it stated mother is living in Canada because I was in process of filling out my resident paperwork which I didn't submit yet because of a mail strike and we were going to just wait until after we were married.

So anyways they thought I was planning on living in Canada without doing the paper work however I was suppose to bring my children back to American on August 5th so they knew I was returning. I still got a exclusion order for one year. Since then I have married a canadian the father of my Canadian daughter and I have the application for resident almost ready to be mailed in. However I was wondering if I still had to apply for an ARC because I was told after I submit my application I could applied for something called an ARk I may have miss understood the lawyer. And I was wondering what I should do to get back to Canada.

Its hurting my daughter all she does is cry for daddy and its breaking my heart. And I am missing my husband like crazy. There has to be something else I can do after I submit my application. I hope someone can give me some help on this.

My brother inlaw is also having a baby due Dec 5th of this year and he wants me to be there with them for the birth of there first born child so I really need to know if there is any steps I can take to make this possible not just for me and my daughter but for the whole complete family.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I sounds like you'll need an ARC if you want to return before the exclusion order expires.

See here to confirm:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/inadmissibility/arc.asp

I believe you should go ahead and submit your sponsorship application and the ARC will automatically be processed as part of the application (CIC will just ask you to pay an additional fee). Unfortunately it's unrealistic to hope that you will be able to return by December.

I'm bumping your thread in the hopes that those with direct experience with ARCs and exclusion orders will be able to help and provide more details.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

scylla said:
I sounds like you'll need an ARC if you want to return before the exclusion order expires.

See here to confirm:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/inadmissibility/arc.asp

I believe you should go ahead and submit your sponsorship application and the ARC will automatically be processed as part of the application (CIC will just ask you to pay an additional fee). Unfortunately it's unrealistic to hope that you will be able to return by December.

I'm bumping your thread in the hopes that those with direct experience with ARCs and exclusion orders will be able to help and provide more details.
No, the OP doesn't require an ARC as she received a 1 year exclusion order, which expired 09/07/11.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PMM said:
Hi

No, the OP doesn't require an ARC as she received a 1 year exclusion order, which expired 09/07/11.
I think the OP typed the dates wrong because she's talking about the mail strike which was 2011 (unless there was one in the US last year?).

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
rjessome said:
I think the OP typed the dates wrong because she's talking about the mail strike which was 2011 (unless there was one in the US last year?).
Yep - I assumed the same. Pretty sure the OP meant to type 2011.

punkinspice

Oct 10, 2011
yes I did put the wrong date for the arc I am not allowed to return to Canada until July of 2012. I was hoping to have us back in Canada already but that isn't gong to happen for awhile I'm afraid. I have my application here double checking everything and going to try to submit in within the next week. However I haven't gotten my new passport with the name change on it since I was married so not sure if I can go ahead and send everything in without my name changed yet. I have to change everything to my new last name. This process is taking longer then I hoped for. The money issue really slowed this whole process down a great deal. I was wondering if I should add a letter explaining why I had my exclusion order in the first place with my application or if I should just wait for them to ask. However being how its already Dec I'm afraid after all the processing is done it will already be June because I read some where that it will take up to 6 months. I miss my husband like crazy I really hope that time line is wrong. He even thought about trying some time off work just to wait this out with me because we are both very stressed out. I cant' wait to be home with my family and friends. This application also is very hard to fill out I have so many questions and also I have super bad credit here is that going to hurt my application for resident over there. I went through a divorce back in 08 and my credit just tumbled from there. I was to proud to allow my common law to pay any of my bills and with the jobs being so bad here in the USA I haven't had any luck finding one.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Your bad credit in the US won't affect your application in any way. They don't look at that kind of information.

Good luck with the process.