+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Exchange of USA Drivers License with Canadian DL in the province Ontario

shaik4783

Dec 19, 2018
Hi , I exchanged my license from Us in toronto when i had 2 months left for my license to expire. So 1.5 months should not be a problem . Make sure you get the extract from DMV. It will be helpful .

dpH133

Jul 22, 2020
Does anyone know if we need CERTIFIED drivers history from PA DMV or the online version you downloaded will suffice? I ordered a 3 year history online for $11, but there is a certified option for $36 which will be available only if you apply in person or in postal. Please advice if anyone has recently got the drivers history from PA and exchanged for ontario G

VKR123

Jan 2, 2021
Hello - I am moving to Canada from USA by end of Oct. Will apply for Canadian license by mid of Nov (after mandatory quarantine period). I have my US state license valid till Mid Jan. i.e by the time I apply for the canadian license, I will only have ~1.5 months left on my US license. Does the valid till date of USA license matter or is the requirement only to have a valid USA license on the day of application. Appreciate your response in anticipation. Thanks.
Happy New Year All. Hi, Did you get the license exchanged? I just moved into Ontario and on a mandatory quarantine period. Planning to visit driving center on 11th Jan to exchange the license.

A_AK

Apr 8, 2021
Hello! I am looking to exchange my Texas DL to Ontario, but I do not have the Certified Driving Record. I did go to them the college park Service Ontario and they told me i need the driving record. I am not sure if i will be able to get one, is there anyway I can still get my dl exchanged. Thank you in advance

Anpman

Apr 15, 2018
Hello! I am looking to exchange my Texas DL to Ontario, but I do not have the Certified Driving Record. I did go to them the college park Service Ontario and they told me i need the driving record. I am not sure if i will be able to get one, is there anyway I can still get my dl exchanged. Thank you in advance
U can try contacting Texas bmv and get ur driving abstract.some states provide online driving abstract on same day.u will need driving record to exchange ur license

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
How old is your license? If the date on your license is 2 or more years older then you should be a able to do a direct exchange. At least that was the case with my Illinois license. There were some states like FL that didn't have a straight forward exchange.. Otherwise you might have to reach out to Texas secretary of state's office to get your driver's abstract.