+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Exchange of US DL to get Ontario DL

Singhgem

Jul 31, 2018
Need help on the below as I am moving to Ontario permanently (did soft landing in June 2018)

1) I have driving experience/extract of 2 years from Georgia(USA). Can I exchange my US DL in order to get Ontario G licence ? I read somewhere but not sure if this is true.

2)If the above point is true, what other documents should I need to carry ?

Thanks in advance !

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Need help on the below as I am moving to Ontario permanently (did soft landing in June 2018)

1) I have driving experience/extract of 2 years from Georgia(USA). Can I exchange my US DL in order to get Ontario G licence ? I read somewhere but not sure if this is true.

Thanks in advance !
Yes, you can. You need your current US license and the extract. You will have to surrender the US license and they'll give you a full G license

Reactions: Singhgem

mbattle95

Jul 5, 2019
U.S.A.
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
11-07-2019
AOR Received.
31-08-2019
File Transfer...
15-10-2019
Med's Request
03-10-2019
Med's Done....
29-10-2019
Passport Req..
25-11-2019
LANDED..........
26-12-2019

Thanks in advance !
Is your driving experience/extract just the MVR? I ordered a certified MVR off the DMV website to be delivered to my home address, I'm hoping that will be enough to prove my driving experience/license authenticity. I'm coming from Georgia as well.

dpH133

Jul 22, 2020
I recently moved to Toronto from US, i have a valid 5 year old US License and a 11 year old india license. I know i can exchange the US license for full G license easily but i also want to make sure india driving experience is considered to get a better car insurance rate. Anyone been in same situation as mine? Will i be able to ask credits for India driving experience if i get my DL extract from indian RTO. Thanks

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
I recently moved to Toronto from US, i have a valid 5 year old US License and a 11 year old india license. I know i can exchange the US license for full G license easily but i also want to make sure india driving experience is considered to get a better car insurance rate. Anyone been in same situation as mine? Will i be able to ask credits for India driving experience if i get my DL extract from indian RTO. Thanks
It varies a LOT and the only real way to know is to ask the Insurance company. They will look at your docs and tell you if they accept it - some may, some may not.

Don't expect too much and you wont' be disappointed.

Reactions: dpH133