+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Examiner's notes in Speaking test

astro313

Star Member
Oct 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,
Yesterday I did my IELTS speaking test and I think it went okay . While I was talking the examiner was taking notes, for example in the first part , which is general questions she noted something like 520 , then after the cue card she noted down another number. I'm not sure but it was around 870 . In the end she noted down another score which unfortunately I was not able to see. Most probably those are some kind of score.

Does anybody of you know the meaning of them? Just curious ?

sharpe88

Nov 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
astro313 said:
Hi guys,
Yesterday I did my IELTS speaking test and I think it went okay . While I was talking the examiner was taking notes, for example in the first part , which is general questions she noted something like 520 , then after the cue card she noted down another number. I'm not sure but it was around 870 . In the end she noted down another score which unfortunately I was not able to see. Most probably those are some kind of score.

Does anybody of you know the meaning of them? Just curious ?
The (visible) numbers that the examiner writes down is just the TIME, not your SCORES! :)

Can_US

Star Member
May 7, 2015
does Speaking test examiner give score as candidate talks ? or afterwards IDP/BC group of examiners listen to candidate speaking recording and give score ?

sharpe88

Nov 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can_US said:
does Speaking test examiner give score as candidate talks ? or afterwards IDP/BC group of examiners listen to candidate speaking recording and give score ?
We are supposed to give the score *after* the interview is over and the candidate has left the room. Some examiners might mark the score down *during* the test, but NOT in view of the candidate.

kssrb

May 21, 2015
Can_US said:
Didn't happen with me...Of course the session was recorded so there may have been another person scoring....