Yes
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Done....
6-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2014
Hi,
I am going to Sheridan for a 1 year certificate in International Business Management or Interactive Multimedia. I submitted visa application and awaiting a reply. I want to know the exact procedure and some information for extending study permit for a second PG Certificate. Is GIC again required. Once I apply under SPP can I extend study permit under SPP as well? Last but not the least after completing 2 years of study will I be eligible for 2 year PGWP.

On the flipside I am thinking of joining some diploma business degree (2 years in length) just to get a 3 year PGWP. What do you think?

Thanks,
Rahul

dddanny2006

Mar 31, 2014
Hi Rahul

I too am in a confused state.Do 2 1 year PG certificates give a 3 year workpermit?Different people say different things.Some say they do give,some say they look at the latest credential and give one year workpermit.

Whats your opinion?Have you found out?

-Dan

rahul247rocks

Star Member
Feb 8, 2014
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Done....
6-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2014
that's why I am asking this question because I need to clear my doubts before landing.

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

rahul247rocks said:
Hi,
I am going to Sheridan for a 1 year certificate in International Business Management or Interactive Multimedia. I submitted visa application and awaiting a reply. I want to know the exact procedure and some information for extending study permit for a second PG Certificate. Is GIC again required. Once I apply under SPP can I extend study permit under SPP as well? Last but not the least after completing 2 years of study will I be eligible for 2 year PGWP.

On the flipside I am thinking of joining some diploma business degree (2 years in length) just to get a 3 year PGWP. What do you think?

Thanks,
Rahul

1. Apply for second admission.
2. Fill up IMM 5709. You don't extend SP under SPP, its a common application form for everyone.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/inFORMation/applications/extend-student.asp
3. No GIC required, but fee paid receipt is must + bank statement.
4. Expect minimum 2 years of PGWP.

bringiton

May 25, 2014
See herehttp://www.cic.gc.ca/English/resources/manuals/bulletins/2010/ob194A.asp

Students holding a one-year graduate degree, diploma or certificate from a participating institution in Canada after having obtained, within the prior two years, a certificate, a diploma or degree from a participating institution in Canada may qualify for a three-year work permit. This exception also applies to students who have left Canada temporarily between programs of study.