+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Evidence of genuine relationship

dudebr

Star Member
May 14, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Writing a "book" about your relationship and sending it as a proof is irrelevant, since the words on it may be all lies...
Unless you have no pictures, or other significant proof, I agree on writing an essay(10pages?) explaining how the relationship developed into the point you have to be together in Canada.

bobshynoswife

Nov 16, 2009
St Albert, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2010
File Transfer...
22-06-2010
Interview........
24-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2010
LANDED..........
09-09-2010
shandymoo said:
Well I wrote a timeline of our relationship with all the dates and a brief summary of things we did on each of our 18 visits that equal 570 days! Some how it ended up being 9 pages long! I have the ticket stubs, the travel itineries, photocopied passport pages and narrowed down 1000s of pictures of us down to 130. I will be getting signed statements from my parents, his parents, 3 of my friends, 2 of his friends and his sister. I also wrote a statement about our relationship that was a page long that just summerised everything and he will do one too. Both of our forms are filled in we basically just need to write about our wedding and have pictures from it and then get a copy of our marriage certificate once we have got married in december. I'm sending off for my police clearance next month and going for my medical in december. Hopefully should have my PRV by march! :D
This sounds excellent! If you're sending the application in December, don't get your hopes too high about being approved by March. It will take until end of January to be approved in Canada, and those who applied in my month (May) who did not have interviews have just received their passport requests from London in the past few weeks, so it does take about 4 months for a straight-forward case out of London.

Good luck!

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
CanadianDude said:
Hence why I was adviced to always take a name, number and call session ID...because it's always kept on record. I have a log off all my calls and what was said, and so do they :) I experienced a screw job too...2 agents, 2 different responses, and 1 actually hung up on me!
Very wise of you. I had no idea we could even do that.
I wish I had got the one of the guy that almost screwed me up. :mad:
Can't believe how rude they can be to hang up on you...that makes me angry thinking of them doing that to me.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
dudebr said:
Writing a "book" about your relationship and sending it as a proof is irrelevant, since the words on it may be all lies...
Unless you have no pictures, or other significant proof, I agree on writing an essay(10pages?) explaining how the relationship developed into the point you have to be together in Canada.
Well I agree that writing a book can be irrelevant if you don't include the evidence to back up your story. That's why if you do write a letter just make sure to proofread and that nothing can be taken the wrong way. I probably redid mine at least 5 times until I thought it did us justice and was matched with the evidence we had included in our application. I just felt that even if they didn't want to read it, at least I have it there in case and it gives me a chance to explain our story there rather than an interview. All in all, just make sure nothing can be taken out of context and that it matches your evidence so that it shows you are being truthful. I think if you do that, you have a good chance of showing them you are indeed genuine. Just my 2 cents though... :)

filbert

May 25, 2010
Would they be needing the original letters/ pictures for proof? My fiance and I have been steady for 8 long years and are getting married next year. We have a scrapbook with our pictures and letters and diaries/journals, video tapes and etc. since 2002. Just wondering.

MandiF

Sep 7, 2010
Alberta Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2010
File Transfer...
19-11-2010
Med's Done....
02-09-2010
Passport Req..
05-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2011
LANDED..........
25-02-2011
filbert said:
Would they be needing the original letters/ pictures for proof? My fiance and I have been steady for 8 long years and are getting married next year. We have a scrapbook with our pictures and letters and diaries/journals, video tapes and etc. since 2002. Just wondering.
I scanned everything in and printed out copies explaining what each was and how it related to our relationship. I wasn't happy giving original copies, but if they want to see them, I can take them in if they want an interview.

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Conjugal Partner
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
filbert said:
No need for originals except where noted on the document checklist. Just wondering too, filbert, are you planning well in advance (for your spousal application) or are you planning to submit as common law?

filbert

May 25, 2010
AllisonVSC said:
No need for originals except where noted on the document checklist. Just wondering too, filbert, are you planning well in advance (for your spousal application) or are you planning to submit as common law?
hi it will be for spousal application (outland) since we will be getting married in my homeland. Finally popped the question March of this year after 8 long years of committed relationship.

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
This thread is very relevant to me. I just ordered 100 photos from walmart for 16 dollars!!. that i intend to use on my interview. For those who dont know my story, I am an inland applicant. applied Januray and will be called for an interview. My file was transferred to my local office in nanaimo. After personally speaking with the interviewing officer today, she adviced me to gather all my evidence and appear with it during the interview. We didnt provide much with our application. im the sponsored.. We have been married for 8 years, have 3 kids 17,7 and 6 .

When you have been married for as long as i have, you never think that ten years later you will have to prove to a stranger life or death that you are genuine!..

It is soo soo hard to put together 10 years of a relationship!. i have our first e-mails, about 100 photos and possibly more to come a 35 year mortgage together. two cars in both names,
the photos are variously grouped. me with his family, him with my family. ten wedding photos!. (we only took ten!). small wedding small reception 8 to10 people it was quick and short.
Letter from his mother stating we have been living together as husband and wife in a l;oving relationship in their apartment for 8.5 years (she knows best because she err meddled! LOL) her wdding ift to us which came later because at first she didnt approve of the wedding... .
Pictures of her endless gifts to us. Cards she sent me for my birthday and wedding anniversaries,.

it is so hard to remember every single thing! there are periods i dont have a thing and not because i wasnt living with him but life catches up, kids school etc!..cards and cards, DH buys me really expensive gifts and he keeps all receipts. so he will provide them. In every receipt he wrote "to my darling wife" pictures of him with my friends. A few pictures of us. Pictures of the kids and him in hospital when each were born,
in total, Just the pictures amount to 100 . These ewill possibly increase as days go by!. Walmart is soo cheap so i dont care if those we dont get back because . Lots of joint bills, Life insurance stating me as his sole beneficiary, gifts to our kids where we wrote. "mommy and daddy love you very much"
even the childrens bibles we bough them for their first birthdays and pictures of me and dh giving them (tear)

Letters.. From his mother, from my mother, from his father, From his sister who is also my kids god mother , My best maid at our wedding. and his bestman. with signatures which they can compare because they also signed the marriage certificates!!, letters from his aunty who hosted the wedding venue and reception, All these letters are handwritten with copies of i.d, signed, dated and with phone numbers and email adresses!,

Do you know why i am going into so much detail??. because i have been married for 8 years!, have three kids, have many years of history, And when today i went to see the IO, She told me we didnt have sufficient evidence!,. I will tear the A** out of the evidence. I will give them so much evidence they will say stop!. ten years is a long long time. I can accumulate alot!. many people know us!. i can get letters from all this people. I will not leave even one stone unturned. dont wanna say. " i wish i sent this" or "I wish i sent that"

This is not a job interview. SOmeone is making a decision on my life. they choose for me to prove it?, I will prove it. Heck my husband and i will even sum it up and make love in their presence if it has to come to that. We have been together at the hip for ten years. we have never been apart in those ten years even for a day. Every stamp in our passports and kids passports are in synch for ten continuos years. Date, time and place.
As i write this it breaks my heart to even think that i may asked to leave. it will break my kids hearts, My husbands hearts. it is sad that someone else will question such a strong loving family who i wake up for.. breathe for . love deeply. would die for . It will break my heart into 10 million pieces. Unlike other people onthis forum who are ok with leaving, i have a big family and cant just "apply outland" without damaging four other peoples hearts.

I will accumulate as much as i can for every month if possible for all ten years.
Oops sorry for this long thread hahaha. I got a little carried away there!..
But yeah thats just to sum up what i am accumulating for the interview

Lilian

Star Member
Jul 20, 2010
Hi Black-Berry,

you have a lot of evidence of genuine relationship. I didn't have half of them. My lawyer told us that they want to see a lot of bills, receipts with my name, with his name, with both names with the same address. I didn't send any letters, postcards, msn chats because they were not in english. I only sent phone bills,( where they could see, that he called me every day from his cell) internet bills, utilities bills, receipts for the rent and about 40 pictures. I made color copies of the pictures - 4 on one paper and wrote to every one, when, where, who. e.g. June 2005, Berlin Germany, applicant's mother with applicant's husband...I had pictures - My husband with my family, me with his family, with friends, from trips and the wedding. They don't want to have 20 pictures from one event just one per event with the exception of the wedding. We had a very small wedding ceremony, 4 people and the photograph. I think I sent 8 wedding photos. And it was enough.

arron

Star Member
Oct 27, 2010
Is it possible to add more evidence to an application that's already been submitted, while it's still waiting to be processed? Thinking of rounding up some more receipts, and trying to get my old phone bills and maybe even chat logs and emails, as I am starting to think I am lacking in this kind of evidence.

HoneyBird

Jul 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2010
Doc's Request.
Jun 2010
AOR Received.
Sep 2010
File Transfer...
Aug 2010
Med's Done....
Jun 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2011
LANDED..........
Feb 2011
arron said:
Is it possible to add more evidence to an application that's already been submitted, while it's still waiting to be processed? Thinking of rounding up some more receipts, and trying to get my old phone bills and maybe even chat logs and emails, as I am starting to think I am lacking in this kind of evidence.
Yes it is possible to do so. But if you do, wait until you have your BXXXXXXXXX no. assigned to you by the embassy. It has been said by some, that adding additional information may increase your processing time.

You have said that you feel you lack information. When i came on the forum and read all of people's evidences, I felt the same way. I got extremely worried. I did submit additional evidence. Including evidence I thought i never would submit before, such as texts etc. However at the same time, a few people pointed out to me on the forum that they submitted 4-5 photos etc and had no problems at all.
No one knows what is going through the VO's mind. I submitted additional information because i am from one of those countries that require visas and that is '3rd' world. So I know that they view my application warily as marrying only for PR> You need to reassess what you have sent and then make the decision whether you wish to send anymore or wait until you have an interview to sumibt the rest of your evidence. its all up to you but perhaps talking to those going through your particluar office will help.