+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Evidence of financial support - married outland

vvvioleta

Jul 23, 2023
Hi All, a got a few questions regarding evidence of financial support. Wondering if you can help?

1. The only evidence of financial support is tranfers between me (the sponsor) and my husband (the applicant). Since I was a house wife in the past 5 years , most are transfers from my husband to me. I started working in Canada this year, but since there is no such need I haven't made any transfers to my husband. Will that cause any issues?

2. I am planning to take screenshot from online banking and put that into a pdf. Is that ok? Do I have to attach the bank statements? (I feel the actual bank statement contains too much private information such as my account number. If I hide that info, will it look like a fake document since I edit it?)

3. Do both of us need to sign on this supporting document?

Last edited:

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All, a got a few questions regarding evidence of financial support. Wondering if you can help?

1. The only evidence of financial support is tranfer between me (the sponsor) and my husband (the applicant). Since I was a house wife in the past 5 years (I started working this year), most are transfers from my husband to me. Will that cause any issues?

2. I am planning to take screenshot from online banking and put that into a pdf. Is that ok? Do I have to attach the bank statements? (I feel the actual bank statement contains too much private information such as my account number. If I hide that info, will it look like a fake document since I edit it?)

3. Do both of us need to sign on this supporting document?
2) Just a combination of numbers. Why do you want to hide? I would attach the actual bank statement especially those only with one or two transactions.

3) Follow the instructions if you need to sign on this supporting document

vvvioleta

Jul 23, 2023
2) Just a combination of numbers. Why do you want to hide? I would attach the actual bank statement especially those only with one or two transactions.

3) Follow the instructions if you need to sign on this supporting document
2) the bank statement contains my name, address and account number. That's basically every thing someone will need to commit fraud. My tansfers were in cluded in 5 bank statements and each have a least 5 pages, which will make the file very big and also it's hard for them to find that particular transfer.

3) I believe there is no specific instructions about signing on supporting document.

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
2) the bank statement contains my name, address and account number. That's basically every thing someone will need to commit fraud. My tansfers were in cluded in 5 bank statements and each have a least 5 pages, which will make the file very big and also it's hard for them to find that particular transfer.

3) I believe there is no specific instructions about signing on supporting document.
You submit so much more to IRCC that the account number is the last thing to worry about. You will tell them all information about your family, all of your addresses for past years, all working experience, all your travels. You will supply relationship evaluation form where you will have to disclose how you met etc, etc, etc This is much more concerning in terms of building your profile to commit any fraud.
Account number is not a credit card number, it's normal to provide account number to individuals, for example for the swift transfer purposes. The only thing one can do with it, is to transfer you the money.

Reactions: YVR123 and Kaibigan

vvvioleta

Jul 23, 2023
You submit so much more to IRCC that the account number is the last thing to worry about. You will tell them all information about your family, all of your addresses for past years, all working experience, all your travels. You will supply relationship evaluation form where you will have to disclose how you met etc, etc, etc This is much more concerning in terms of building your profile to commit any fraud.
Account number is not a credit card number, it's normal to provide account number to individuals, for example for the swift transfer purposes. The only thing one can do with it, is to transfer you the money.
Thanks for your reply. I think I probably worried too much.