+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Evidence for staying in canada for more than 15 days?

zhan9017

Dec 17, 2019
Hi, there is a clause in the exemption criteria for visitors who want to enter Canada. It says, they need evidence showing that they will stay in Canada for 15 days to be exempt. My question is, what does this "evidence" mean? if one were to provide it, what kind of documentation can be shown that will be regarded as evidence?

Thanks in advance.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi, there is a clause in the exemption criteria for visitors who want to enter Canada. It says, they need evidence showing that they will stay in Canada for 15 days to be exempt. My question is, what does this "evidence" mean? if one were to provide it, what kind of documentation can be shown that will be regarded as evidence?

Thanks in advance.
Once you enter Canada, you will need to quarantine for 14 days. You need to show proof of where you will quarantine - what arrangements you have made for this two week period that will allow you to stay somewhere without leaving.

zhan9017

Dec 17, 2019
Once you enter Canada, you will need to quarantine for 14 days. You need to show proof of where you will quarantine - what arrangements you have made for this two week period that will allow you to stay somewhere without leaving.
That's the quarantine plan. I'm talking about the clause that says visitors must provide evidence that they will stay for more than 15 days after entering. Its in this link:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/travel-restrictions-exemptions.html#citizen-pr

its located under the section titled "Immediate family members of a Canadian citizen or permanent resident"

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

mashulia_26

Apr 6, 2018

Thanks in advance.
Return ticket? This would make the most sense.

zhan9017

Dec 17, 2019
The quarantine plan seems to be the evidence.
so, the quarantine plan should be included with the visa application? a simple document declaring that the individual will stay quarantined for 14 days is enough evidence for the 15 days clause?

mashulia_26

Apr 6, 2018
yeah return ticket is an evidence. But when do they show the return ticket? during the TRV application or at the port of entry when they have a the Visa?
When you apply for a visa it's for sure you have to show the return date. They also used to ask my parents at the port of entry so I'm assuming now it's more strict and they will prob ask

zhan9017

Dec 17, 2019
When you apply for a visa it's for sure you have to show the return date. They also used to ask my parents at the port of entry so I'm assuming now it's more strict and they will prob ask
I'm assuming by "return date" you mean the date shown on the return ticket. If that's the case, then I have to point to another line from the IRCC website where it says its not recommended to book a ticket before the Visa is approved.

trk1

Jul 15, 2014
A good day wise itinerary including support plans during quarantine (feel free to include virtual contact plans during quarantine) , along with the confirmed ticket for in-out travel (in sync with dates) should suffice.

All the best.

zhan9017

Dec 17, 2019
A good day wise itinerary including support plans during quarantine (feel free to include virtual contact plans during quarantine) , along with the confirmed ticket for in-out travel (in sync with dates) should suffice.

All the best.
so, they should book a ticket before applying for a Visa?

trk1

Jul 15, 2014
yes. That is always preferred. But you can book a no cancellation fee category...and later align to the best offer from the market.

zhan9017

Dec 17, 2019
yes. That is always preferred. But you can book a no cancellation fee category...and later align to the best offer from the market.
The country they will be traveling from does not allow to book a ticket before a Visa is approved. Also, IRCC does not recommend booking tickets before getting the Visa. It can be found in this link under section title "If you've already applied for a visa":

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/apply-visit-work-student.html

mashulia_26

Apr 6, 2018
I'm assuming by "return date" you mean the date shown on the return ticket. If that's the case, then I have to point to another line from the IRCC website where it says its not recommended to book a ticket before the Visa is approved.
You don't have to buy the ticket but you have to show the flight itinerary.

zhan9017

Dec 17, 2019
You don't have to buy the ticket but you have to show the flight itinerary.
How will I figure out the itinerary? Is that like a preview of the ticket I'm gonna buy? Because travel agents/ticket booking services need two dates to create a return ticket itinerary and I don't know how long it'll take for the visa to process, which means I don't know what those dates should be. Also, if I don;t buy the ticket within a time frame (which is usually small), the tickets get cancelled and I will have to reschedule again, which means a new itinerary.