+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Evidence for IMM5490 (Proof of visitation during relationship)

Thyobear

Dec 2, 2014
I've been on and off with the application forms because it seems like I keep getting stuck and there's no one to ask for clarification. Anyways, my question is for question 24-25 on form IMM5490, where it asks about visitation during the relationship. It asks me to provide evidence of my visits and durations and such. Does photocopies of my passports (expired ones) count as evidence? As for plane ticket stubs that prove I traveled to her country, are we talking about just a few or do I have to be comprehensive and try to find them all? I'm pretty sure I've thrown out most of them because back then I was travelling to the country not merely just for her but also for volunteering purposes.

Thank you for your help. I emailed the embassy and they've said they don't offer individual counselling and that also doesn't work if I were to email the CIC in Canada. This is the only place I can go to now for help.

Snowisland

Nov 23, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
LANDED..........
30-05-2016
I listed all travel in date order and went to my credit card statements for the 3 years needed and found the airline charges. I printed those statements and in my old emails I had itineraries except for one, which I had the boarding passes for. Underneath the dates of travel I listed a paragraph of what we did during the trip. Sometimes it was just staying home being together.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Photocopies of the entrance and exit stamps in your passport; the plane tickets or itineraries; the credit card bills as mentioned above; the boarding passes; any proof you have of what you did together while there, such as hotel receipts, tickets, photos, etc.: these are all good.
The above list is redundant, so if you are missing some boarding passes or tickets, the other things can still be used as proof you visited.