+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Everything about Medical Exam (PR applications only)

hv1113

Apr 28, 2022
I completed my medical in Dec 2020 and submitted my application in Feb 2021. I am again being asked to send medical. Is anybody else in the same boat?

GodBlessUsAll

Star Member
Jul 22, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Everyone,

I recieved request for medical examination request on May 9th ,2022 but I was out of country and didn't have access to my laptop. Now when I am reading this request I found it was only valid for 30 days, which has passed already.

Is there a way I can ask cic to send a new request for medical examination.

Can I do it through web form.

Reactions: Yiceorenil

Nidhi Arora

Feb 13, 2023
Hello everyone
I got my medical done last Saturday. My elder kid (12 years old) urinalysis was abnormal so he got Creatinine done which is normal.
Is there any impact due to this on my PR application? will they ask for additional tests?

Reactions: Yiceorenil

Yiceorenil

Jul 8, 2021
Thanks for sharing these insights about the medical exam for PR applications in Canada. It's helpful to know the situations that could lead to inadmissibility and the validity period of the medical exam.

For those concerned about passing, understanding these criteria can alleviate some anxiety. Also, ensuring your medical remains valid until you receive your COPR is crucial to avoid any delays in the process.

In addition, when it comes to medical exams during these times, it's essential to use reliable testing kits like those from AICHK Antigen Test Kit Supplier for accurate results, especially considering the ongoing health concerns.

Last edited:

LTeE@1

Feb 12, 2024
Please what's the validity for medicals. Did upfront medical Oct 30th, IRCC just got back to me ask for forms to be completed for spouse birth certificate and the following:

IMM 0008DEP Add Deps/Dec: A completed Additional Dependents/Declaration form (IMM 0008DEP) You have identified your marital status as “separated” or “legally separated”. All family members, whether accompanying or not, are required to be examined to ensure that they are not inadmissible.
Since you are still legally married to your spouse, your spouse is considered a family member under the Immigration Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and must be examined. You cannot simply choose to not have them examined. Please provide the following supporting documents/information to include your spouse in your application for permanent residence:

- Revised IMM 0008
- Revised IMM 5562 (Travel info)

SPOUSE
- Schedule A
- IMM 5406
- Photographs
- Birth Certificate
- Passport, if accompanying
- Fees, if accompanying
- Any applicable Police certificates

He filed for a divorce already which is still pending cos they don't want the clause of child support on the agreement says they would support based on what they have, when they have!
Definitely there is no way they would give me all this information if I request for it. Please how do I prove to IRCC that we are separated and to continue my application without my ex being examined. It's DEFINITELY over between us, there is no room for reconciliation NEVER!
Please need advise. Thank you all.

ViktorKosenko

Jul 6, 2023
Thanks for sharing these insights about the medical exam for PR applications in Canada. It's helpful to know the situations that could lead to inadmissibility and the validity period of the medical exam.
Try to write a letter of explanation and declare that you won't sponsor your spouse in the future.