+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Everest College

sony1965

Feb 23, 2013
Hello everybody I am a new member I joined today I am also a new immigrant and about to start my DBA with Everest college with the help of finance from the government of canada (OSAP) but I am all confused as people around me are telling some weird things about everest College, can anybody who has studied their or he knows some former student tell me about the college should I join in or suggest some other college.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I'm Canadian (born here). Everest College has a poor reputation with employers. It's the school you attend when you couldn't get in anywhere else. You should pick a public college such as George Brown, Seneca, Humber, Centennial, etc. Don't waste your money on Everest.

cynusalisa

Feb 29, 2012
scylla said:
I'm Canadian (born here). Everest College has a poor reputation with employers. It's the school you attend when you couldn't get in anywhere else. You should pick a public college such as George Brown, Seneca, Humber, Centennial, etc. Don't waste your money on Everest.

Hiiiiiii scylla ,

I heard about this college. everyone said to me, Everest College is best College.
But say this college has a poor reputation with employers. Is is right ??

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
cynusalisa said:
Hiiiiiii scylla ,

I heard about this college. everyone said to me, Everest College is best College.
Everest college does not even have their own Financial Aid department...they send their students to other colleges for Financial Aid forms...I have myself helped a student with this....

Everest college is not a reputable college..you study there or you don't study means one and the same thing..

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
cynusalisa said:
Hiiiiiii scylla ,

Who is telling you it is the best college? Consultants? They are just saying this because they get money for referring students to this school. It's not a good school. Go somewhere else like Humber or Seneca or George Brown.

Korea2Canada

Mar 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05- 2013
Doc's Request.
18-11- 2013
AOR Received.
29-05-2013
File Transfer...
30-05-2013
Med's Request
sent with app.
Med's Done....
03-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Save your money. A good uni. with cheapest fees in Canada is Memorial University, St. Johns NL

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
sony1965 said:
Hello everybody I am a new member I joined today I am also a new immigrant and about to start my DBA with Everest college with the help of finance from the government of canada (OSAP) but I am all confused as people around me are telling some weird things about everest College, can anybody who has studied their or he knows some former student tell me about the college should I join in or suggest some other college.
I agree with Scylla - aviod this college, its a scam....i've met some of their representatives at a job fair in canada - just had a quick discussion with them and they got my contact details - after that they started harassing me endlessly, continuous phone calls trying to get me enrolled on their poor programs. Its not a normal situation that a college chases you like that, normally you would be the person who is "seeking" to get accepted to a college/or university, following up with them - trying to get feedback on your application status - and not the opposite scenario.

Their courses are poor in content and overpriced as well. You could easily pay the same amount if not less to get a real degree (MSc/MBA) at a respectable university in canada - while everest will only offer you a worthless diploma.

just see their ads on TV - it says it all. Its a joke - but not a funny one. If you are a highschool dropout, a street thug, or a housewife who hasn't had a professional life in the past 10 years ..then everest is your home

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJl0XuDKSjc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbYGDpexy98

I'm actually surprised - how come the canadian government allows such crappy colleges to exist and have so many branches all over
toronto. When canadian employers talk about "foriegn credentials evaluation" - they make you feel that no matter where you studied - as long as its abroad - it can't be of a similiar quality to canadian education...and then you find out that canada does actually have some crappy colleges which are of lower quality - even lower than most 3rd world colleges .. :eek: !!

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
Korea2Canada said:
Save your money. A good uni. with cheapest fees in Canada is Memorial University, St. Johns NL
True,

Quebec province also has some good universities which are relatively reasonably priced - such as Concordia, HEC Montreal, they are not as cheap as Memorial university but they stand a better ranking.

BossJosh

Star Member
Jun 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Im from Cali USA, and everyday from 8am to 12pm, an Everest Commercial comes during daytime TV every commercial break. Colleges like these that have a 1800 # are in it for your money, and NOT for your education. Its more of a business, than an actual school. Lazy folks go here, to get their "education" without taking the state mandated general education classes that are necessary to get your real degree.

If you wanted to go to a real community college or university, before you step foot in a class room, they make you test in to see where you are, in language, reading, and math then you have to take several classes to meet the state's requirement of to reaching your degree of an Associates or Bachelor. For instance having to pass a philosophy or a history class along with passing College algebra, before earning your degree.

At Everest, they advertise that you will only need to take the classes that are directly related to your field. You miss out on general classes like philosophy, history, and other classes that you'd find interesting that you would missed out on at Everest. You also miss out on electives, classes that interest you, but don't have anything to do with your major. Most times students end up changing their major to an elective they chose because it interested them far more than their first major selective.

Essentially you are paying more money for a streamlined, shortened education experience, at the price of convenience, but at a cost, that's detrimental to your learning, and well roundness. The standards there are lower than that of a UCLA or California State University.

If all you want to do is get your credentials or something short and easy like that then that's cool, but word at the water cooler is that if your school has a 1800# than its not a real school. Its better to just go to a real college or university, its cheaper, has more education opportunities, and will make you a better overall person.

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
BossJosh said:
Im from Cali USA, and everyday from 8am to 12pm, an Everest Commercial comes during daytime TV every commercial break. Colleges like these that have a 1800 # are in it for your money, and NOT for your education. Its more of a business, than an actual school. Lazy folks go here, to get their "education" without taking the state mandated general education classes that are necessary to get your real degree.

If you wanted to go to a real community college or university, before you step foot in a class room, they make you test in to see where you are, in language, reading, and math then you have to take several classes to meet the state's requirement of to reaching your degree of an Associates or Bachelor. For instance having to pass a philosophy or a history class along with passing College algebra, before earning your degree.

At Everest, they advertise that you will only need to take the classes that are directly related to your field. You miss out on general classes like philosophy, history, and other classes that you'd find interesting that you would missed out on at Everest. You also miss out on electives, classes that interest you, but don't have anything to do with your major. Most times students end up changing their major to an elective they chose because it interested them far more than their first major selective.

Essentially you are paying more money for a streamlined, shortened education experience, at the price of convenience, but at a cost, that's detrimental to your learning, and well roundness. The standards there are lower than that of a UCLA or California State University.

If all you want to do is get your credentials or something short and easy like that then that's cool, but word at the water cooler is that if your school has a 1800# than its not a real school. Its better to just go to a real college or university, its cheaper, has more education opportunities, and will make you a better overall person.
I like the way you made the reference to UCLA and CSU ;D