+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Evaluation of foreign degree, non-regulated profession

backtoCAN

Jun 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone, I wasn't sure where to post this topic so I'm trying a couple of different subject areas. My boyfriend has received his PR visa (family class) and we are going to land in Toronto in May. Our question is whether his Masters degree in economics from a Dutch university will need to be evaluated by an institution to verify his credentials against Cdn. educational standards. I understand that if you are working in a regulated profession (ie. healthcare) or via the Skilled Worker stream that this would absolutely be necessary. But he's looking for work in the marketing field and the actual degree itself is already in English, clearing stately Master of Arts. Would potential employers actually request a credentials evaluation in his case? It costs money for the evaluation of course - is it really worth it??? Any advice or shared experiences would be appreciated!

Thanks!
backtoCAN

FrenchAsian

Star Member
Aug 25, 2009
Hi there,.. yeah, I've always wondered too what are their credentials when it comes to recognising university degrees/diplomas or academic qualifications, say in FSW applications, do they recognise all degrees or diplomas that are provided before them ?

How do evaluate please ?