+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ETL/Datawarehouse/Business Intelligence Developers - NOC ?

sim_11

Jun 9, 2019
Actually before ITA I had 2173 but than I changed it to 2172 later as my profile work matches more with 2172 however I am not a hardcore DB developer but work with most of its entities. Hope this helps. good luck.
Hello bharat,

I am also informatica developer but recently working in production support invloving ETL tool informatica and hadoop. Should I go with the 2172 NOC code?

Dec 15, 2019
Hi Friends, need your suggestion. I am also on the same boat and confused whether to go with 2171 or 2172. I am an Informatica Production Support and Administrator for past 3 years and worked as an Informatica developer prior to it for about 2 years. All this 5 years of experience is in same organization. Before this organization, I worked 2 years as BI Cognos Developer.
If I decide on 2172, I am not sure on the education requirement part as it asks for only computer science/field as specialization whereas I am a business management (finance) and as per WES its equivalent to four 4 year bachelors degree. So do you guys think 2171 aligns more with respect to Informatica Support Job duties and the education that I hold given that 2171 has business management included where as 2172 does not? Please shed some light. Thanks

Z86

Star Member
Aug 10, 2019
Has any one got PR with Noc code 2174 and being from Datawarehousing/ETL/Informatica background?

itsshyam007

Jan 25, 2021
@Z86 - Thanks for you reply . if possible can you elaborate on what kind of roles and responsibilities you gave in under ETL Support . In my case i did both the ETL Testing/Data Analyst. Hence i am confused as to which NOC will be right for me . I thought i might come under 2174 only but many told me it was for developer/programmer not QA and are asking me to choose NOC 2171 or 2283

Z86

Star Member
Aug 10, 2019
@Z86 - Thanks for you reply . if possible can you elaborate on what kind of roles and responsibilities you gave in under ETL Support . In my case i did both the ETL Testing/Data Analyst. Hence i am confused as to which NOC will be right for me . I thought i might come under 2174 only but many told me it was for developer/programmer not QA and are asking me to choose NOC 2171 or 2283
Go by the NoC which is in your work permit if applicable.

itsshyam007

Jan 25, 2021
Yes @Z86 - In my work permit for my current job it was mentioned under 2171 category .I was thinking since my previous experience was of a junior rule and not as a Lead i changed the NOC of my previous job to 2174 instead of 2171 as the latter was for more of a senior role . As of now i still haven't submitted my application in the EE profile after receiving an ITA . In this case is it possible to change the NOC for my previous job and then mentioning it in the LOE or rather remove that experience of my previous job and move it to work history as anyhow i have an overall experience of 3+ years even without the job where i have this NOC confusion. Appreciate your thoughts

Z86

Star Member
Aug 10, 2019
Yes @Z86 - In my work permit for my current job it was mentioned under 2171 category .I was thinking since my previous experience was of a junior rule and not as a Lead i changed the NOC of my previous job to 2174 instead of 2171 as the latter was for more of a senior role . As of now i still haven't submitted my application in the EE profile after receiving an ITA . In this case is it possible to change the NOC for my previous job and then mentioning it in the LOE or rather remove that experience of my previous job and move it to work history as anyhow i have an overall experience of 3+ years even without the job where i have this NOC confusion. Appreciate your thoughts
I was advised to have the same NOC as work permit. Not sure on your case though.

Annriya

Aug 23, 2022
hi,

Even iam a DW/BI developer with 5 years of experience and completed engineering in Information Technology.
And have created EE profile for NOC2172.

Hoping this should be fine. If anyone have other thoughts please let us know.

Thanks
Hi,

May I know whether that noc code helped.

amberkiza

Aug 25, 2022
Hi Guys,

People who are involved in Data Warehouse , ETL(Extract, Transform and Load) Showbox jiofi.local.html tplinklogin in Business Intelligence. For which NOC Code you are opting please suggest.. I am an ETl Developer, don't know what I have to choose?

Please help :)

Thanks,
Anil
Even iam a DW/BI developer with 5 years of experience and completed engineering in Information Technology.

Last edited: