+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Etihad airways refused boarding to canada

Fatima98

Star Member
Aug 24, 2020
I had an absolute horror at the airport. I have a ten year visit visa, extended family approval to enter canada. I took all print outs of all canadian citizenship proof of my family that i was going to, my proof of relationship to them, my approved and signed IMM0006e form (statuary declaration), and approval email of Authorization from ircc, but the etihad representative was EXTREMELY unaware of what docs he needed to see and told me etihad representative in abu dhabi is telling them not to let me board. He kept saying i didnt have approval while i was holding the damn approval in my hand. The shadiest part is, they were communicating on whatsapp not thru an official channel. I ended up going home, speaking to qatar airways. And rebooking a flight for tomorrow with them and got an ‘okay to board’ approval from qatar. I stood for 3 hours without food and water or a place to sit while they wasted my time. Absolutely appalled at the service by etihad.

tanzirmahim

Mar 26, 2020
my sister had the same experience with qantas airways once while trying to travel to Australia on a study permit. the representative was unaware of electronic visa approvals.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I had an absolute horror at the airport. I have a ten year visit visa, extended family approval to enter canada. I took all print outs of all canadian citizenship proof of my family that i was going to, my proof of relationship to them, my approved and signed IMM0006e form (statuary declaration), and approval email of Authorization from ircc, but the etihad representative was EXTREMELY unaware of what docs he needed to see and told me etihad representative in abu dhabi is telling them not to let me board. He kept saying i didnt have approval while i was holding the damn approval in my hand. The shadiest part is, they were communicating on whatsapp not thru an official channel. I ended up going home, speaking to qatar airways. And rebooking a flight for tomorrow with them and got an ‘okay to board’ approval from qatar. I stood for 3 hours without food and water or a place to sit while they wasted my time. Absolutely appalled at the service by etihad.
That sucks. Make sure you demand appropriate compensation from the airline.

m7md

Sep 27, 2020
Talk to them in public on their twitter, Facebook and Instagram. Very sad seeing this ignorance.

Reactions: azzamkc

Bluejayscardinals

Star Member
Oct 21, 2020
There has been a lot of this going on with various airlines. My understanding is that governments are pushing the pre-screening process onto airlines and if the airline allow someone on board that gets rejected at the destination by immigration, the airline bears the cost of flying them back. So yeah, the airlines are being super tight on documentation cause they can't afford the costs associated with sending someone back home.

Reactions: canuck78