+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ETA

NM2016

Apr 29, 2016
Hope there is a simple answer here.

My wife and I ( UK res) booked a holiday to explore BC in August. When I completed my ETA I 'think' I had to input where I would be staying initially and this would have been Vancouver. Both ETA's came through.

Subsequently I booked another visit earlier in the year (end May) to Toronto. Question will my ETA cover me for Toronto. I cannot see how I can change my existing agreement.

Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks.

NM

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
NM2016 said:
Hope there is a simple answer here.

My wife and I ( UK res) booked a holiday to explore BC in August. When I completed my ETA I 'think' I had to input where I would be staying initially and this would have been Vancouver. Both ETA's came through.

Subsequently I booked another visit earlier in the year (end May) to Toronto. Question will my ETA cover me for Toronto. I cannot see how I can change my existing agreement.

Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks.

NM
you do not need to do anything once your ETA has been issued and where you are staying was optional anyway . In fact the Canadian Government announced a leniency period through end September 2016 where ETAs not mandatory to board a flight, probably because the system has had a few startup problems to let some people even apply. Anyway you are good to go for next 5 years but remember an ETA is not a visa it allows someone to board a plane so you will still have to pass through immigration on landing in Canada where they may ask you about your plans but thats business as usual anyway.